Joe Allen was terrific for Liverpool in 4-1 win v West Ham [Individual Highlights]
There was plenty of praise for Joe Allen on Saturday after he played a big part in Liverpool’s 4-1 win over West Ham.
It was only Joe Allen’s second start at Anfield since joining Liverpool from Swansea in 15 months.
Allen put in such a good shift that it meant many Liverpool supporters felt the “Welsh Xavi” went some way to making up for that miss in the Merseyside derby against Everton at Goodison Park.
He was accurate with 92% of the balls he played, nearly half of which were forwards and Allen also won possession eight times – more than any other player on the park.
With Steven Gerrard picking up a hamstring injury, it could well be Allen partnering Lucas Leiva in the mouth watering clash for Liverpool at Tottenham next Sunday.
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge & James Milner take on 007 Challenge (Video)
- Joe Allen gave Jurgen Klopp a Psycho Death Stare on Liverpool bench at Spurs (Vine)
- Mario Balotelli didn’t know one of his Liverpool teammates despite having played with him f...
- Joe Allen talks Liverpool teammates, names Mario Balotelli as laziest player [Video]
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists Daniel Sturridge is ‘closer’ to return (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- 442oons: Jurgen Klopp goes heavy metal after Man City 1-4 Liverpool (video)
- Steven Gerrard confirms he is to train with Liverpool next week & is excited to work with Ju...