Joe Allen was terrific for Liverpool in 4-1 win v West Ham [Individual Highlights]
- December 8, 2013
There was plenty of praise for Joe Allen on Saturday after he played a big part in Liverpool’s 4-1 win over West Ham.
It was only Joe Allen’s second start at Anfield since joining Liverpool from Swansea in 15 months.
Allen put in such a good shift that it meant many Liverpool supporters felt the “Welsh Xavi” went some way to making up for that miss in the Merseyside derby against Everton at Goodison Park.
He was accurate with 92% of the balls he played, nearly half of which were forwards and Allen also won possession eight times – more than any other player on the park.
With Steven Gerrard picking up a hamstring injury, it could well be Allen partnering Lucas Leiva in the mouth watering clash for Liverpool at Tottenham next Sunday.
- Mario Balotelli didn’t know one of his Liverpool teammates despite having played ...
- Joe Allen talks Liverpool teammates, names Mario Balotelli as laziest player [Video]
- Liverpool fans praise Joe Allen for bossing Yaya Toure [Videos]
- Joe Allen absolutely slaughtered on Twitter during Everton-Liverpool 1st half
- Coutinho, Balotelli and Allen coach aspiring Liverpool academy starlets [Video]
- The best jokes ripping into Joe Allen’s stupid head bandage for Liverpool v Palac...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...