Joe Allen was terrific for Liverpool in 4-1 win v West Ham [Individual Highlights]
There was plenty of praise for Joe Allen on Saturday after he played a big part in Liverpool’s 4-1 win over West Ham.
It was only Joe Allen’s second start at Anfield since joining Liverpool from Swansea in 15 months.
Allen put in such a good shift that it meant many Liverpool supporters felt the “Welsh Xavi” went some way to making up for that miss in the Merseyside derby against Everton at Goodison Park.
He was accurate with 92% of the balls he played, nearly half of which were forwards and Allen also won possession eight times – more than any other player on the park.
With Steven Gerrard picking up a hamstring injury, it could well be Allen partnering Lucas Leiva in the mouth watering clash for Liverpool at Tottenham next Sunday.
Watch Live Stream
- Joe Allen on the brutal way he learned about his move from Liverpool to Stoke [Telegraph]August 19, 2016
- New Stoke signing Joe Allen gives first interview since joining from Liverpool (Video)July 25, 2016
- Updates in Joe Allen’s move from Liverpool to Stoke [Echo]July 25, 2016
- Liverpool accept £13m bid from Stoke for Joe Allen [SSN]July 20, 2016
- EA Sports FIFA 17 snub Liverpool completely, double down on Everton [Instagram]September 30, 2016
- Swansea v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 29, 2016
- Mino Raiola explained to Nice why they shouldn’t sign Mario Balotelli from LiverpoolSeptember 29, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho handed lifeline by Jurgen Klopp with under-23 chanceSeptember 28, 2016