- Arsenal happily impress beating Borussia Dortmund 2-0, qualify for CL last-16 [Tweets]
- Mesut Ozil got excited about Alexis Sanchez’s goal for Arsenal v Dortmund on Twitter
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho found an interesting way to stay warm v Ludogorets [Vine]
- FACT: Cristiano Ronaldo has scored in each of his last 12 CL matches, overtakes Raul
- Roberto Mancini reveals ambition to manage Arsenal and the Italian national team
Joao Moutinho & James Rodriguez undergo Monaco medicals, Porto set for €55m windfall
The Monaco revolution is set for a serious shot in the arm!
French website RMC Sport reports this afternoon that Porto pair Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez are undergoing medicals to complete their combined 55 million euro move to Monaco.
The newly promoted French side have been linked with big stars such as Radamel Falcao, Carlos Tevez and Vincent Kompany and it seems likely they will splash a huge amount of Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev’s cash this summer.
James Rodriguez was quoted in the Portuguese press today confirming he will be leaving Porto in the coming weeks.
And Monaco believe Moutinho and Rodriguez will provide the technical quality in midfield and attacking areas to challenge in Ligue 1 next season.
Porto, as ever, will make a large profit on the pair, just days after securing another Portuguese title thanks to their penultimate day win over Benfica.
Video evidence of the new Monaco pair is below.
- Updated: May 23, 2013