Jeremain Lens (PSV) waits for Joris Mathijsen (Feyenoord) in the tunnel, a fight breaks out
- February 24, 2013
A crazy incident occurred in Holland on Sunday.
The big match of the day in the Eredivisie saw Feyenoord beat PSV 2-1, while the biggest talking point of the contest occurred after the fulltime whistle as Jeremain Lens waited for Joris Mathijsen in the tunnel before a brawl between the sides erupted.
PSV forward Lens was filmed hanging about in the communal area after the match, with the player videoed looking a little too keen to talk to Joris Mathijsen once he finally left the pitch and headed for the dressing room.
Once Mathijsen finally appeared, Lens jumped on the Feyenoord defender and he grabbed him by the short.
Cue the mayhem.
Seconds after Lens grabbed a chunk of Mathijsen’s shirt, players from PSV and Feyenoord both piled into the mix to separate the warring twosome.
That, in turn, sparked a physical melee between the sides whilst the officials were in close proximity.
Footage of the mini-fight between Jeremain Lens and Joris Mathijsen can be seen below, while below the fold is the Harlem Shake remix of the scenes.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi