Jelavic pushed Vincent Kompany first, straight red card was harsh on Manchester City captain [Vines]
- March 15, 2014
[gthumb id=”411729″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
If you only watch the above Vine, which is the second part of the incident, it looks like the ref was spot on to send off Man City captain Vincent Kompany in the 9th minute at Hull today.
But that only tells half the story, and the wrong half at that.
The Vine below shows the start of the incident, in which Hull striker Jelavic pushes and knocks Kompany to the floor; the City captain then quickly gets up, and as he tries to recover the lost ground, drags Jelavic down.
On it’s own, that would warrant a red card as he was the last man; but the fact that he was fouled first voids the second one, and means the red card was a harsh one, not to say a wrong one.
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- Rating the starting XIs of the Premier League top 6, ft. Chelsea & Arsenal (video)
- Gary Neville purrs over Manchester City’s strength in depth after De Bruyne signi...
- Kevin De Bruyne gives first interview since signing for Manchester City (Video)
- Manchester City officially sign Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg [Vine & Best Tweets]
- Man City’s Vincent Kompany tries to defend a goal against 100 kids at the same ti...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...