Jelavic pushed Vincent Kompany first, straight red card was harsh on Manchester City captain [Vines]
[gthumb id=”411729″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
If you only watch the above Vine, which is the second part of the incident, it looks like the ref was spot on to send off Man City captain Vincent Kompany in the 9th minute at Hull today.
But that only tells half the story, and the wrong half at that.
The Vine below shows the start of the incident, in which Hull striker Jelavic pushes and knocks Kompany to the floor; the City captain then quickly gets up, and as he tries to recover the lost ground, drags Jelavic down.
On it’s own, that would warrant a red card as he was the last man; but the fact that he was fouled first voids the second one, and means the red card was a harsh one, not to say a wrong one.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City table pong challenge: Gael Clichy v Fabian Delph (video)December 7, 2016
- Celtic fan gets arrested in Manchester for one of the stupidest ever reasonsDecember 7, 2016
- Who is Phil Foden? Man City name 16-year-old in UCL squad vs CelticDecember 6, 2016
- Watch Willian’s goal for Chelsea at Man City from the perfect angle (video)December 6, 2016
- Man City’s Vincent Kompany’s injuries have kept him out for 2.5 years of footballNovember 25, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola gives Sergio Aguero & Vincent Kompany injury updatesNovember 25, 2016
- Fears for Vincent Kompany’s Man City career after another injury v Crystal Palace [Tweets]November 19, 2016
- Yet more bad news for Manchester City & Belgium captain Vincent KompanyNovember 9, 2016