Jelavic pushed Vincent Kompany first, straight red card was harsh on Manchester City captain [Vines]
[gthumb id=”411729″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
If you only watch the above Vine, which is the second part of the incident, it looks like the ref was spot on to send off Man City captain Vincent Kompany in the 9th minute at Hull today.
But that only tells half the story, and the wrong half at that.
The Vine below shows the start of the incident, in which Hull striker Jelavic pushes and knocks Kompany to the floor; the City captain then quickly gets up, and as he tries to recover the lost ground, drags Jelavic down.
On it’s own, that would warrant a red card as he was the last man; but the fact that he was fouled first voids the second one, and means the red card was a harsh one, not to say a wrong one.
Watch Live Stream
- Manchester City to announce £20m deal for Dortmund star Ilkay Gundogan today [BILD]May 24th, 2016
- Man City set to spent big money on BVB’s Ilkay Gundogan even though he’s injured [Kic...May 22nd, 2016
- Which team will be better: Pep Guardiola’s Man City or Jose Mourinho’s Man United? (B...May 22nd, 2016
- Man United players sing about Man City in dressing room after FA Cup final win (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Belgium calling: Is Vincent Kompany’s absence a blessing for Belgium?May 9th, 2016
- Out of Euro 2016, Man City’s injured Vincent Kompany gets more horrible newsMay 8th, 2016
- Man City’s Vincent Kompany announces terrible news on FacebookMay 7th, 2016
- Vincent Kompany comes off injured again minutes into Real Madrid v Man City [Tweets]May 4th, 2016