Jelavic pushed Vincent Kompany first, straight red card was harsh on Manchester City captain [Vines]
- March 15, 2014
[gthumb id=”411729″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
If you only watch the above Vine, which is the second part of the incident, it looks like the ref was spot on to send off Man City captain Vincent Kompany in the 9th minute at Hull today.
But that only tells half the story, and the wrong half at that.
The Vine below shows the start of the incident, in which Hull striker Jelavic pushes and knocks Kompany to the floor; the City captain then quickly gets up, and as he tries to recover the lost ground, drags Jelavic down.
On it’s own, that would warrant a red card as he was the last man; but the fact that he was fouled first voids the second one, and means the red card was a harsh one, not to say a wrong one.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]