Jelavic pushed Vincent Kompany first, straight red card was harsh on Manchester City captain [Vines]
[gthumb id=”411729″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
If you only watch the above Vine, which is the second part of the incident, it looks like the ref was spot on to send off Man City captain Vincent Kompany in the 9th minute at Hull today.
But that only tells half the story, and the wrong half at that.
The Vine below shows the start of the incident, in which Hull striker Jelavic pushes and knocks Kompany to the floor; the City captain then quickly gets up, and as he tries to recover the lost ground, drags Jelavic down.
On it’s own, that would warrant a red card as he was the last man; but the fact that he was fouled first voids the second one, and means the red card was a harsh one, not to say a wrong one.
Watch Live Stream
- Joe Hart will only cost Torino €1million on loan from Man City [Sky Italia]August 30, 2016
- Samir Nasri arrives in Sevilla ahead of a loan move from Manchester City [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Man City’s Sergio Aguero charged with violent conduct by FA; Likely to miss Man United gameAugust 30, 2016
- Man City’s Samir Nasri plans to reject Besiktas & move to Spain instead [L’Equipe]August 30, 2016
- Vincent Kompany promises to donate all future Belgium earnings to charity (Video)August 10, 2016
- France legend Thierry Henry trolls Gary Lineker before Iceland beat England (Video)June 28, 2016
- Vincent Kompany gets ganged up on by three legendary forwards (Video)June 15, 2016
- Belgium calling: Is Vincent Kompany’s absence a blessing for Belgium?May 9, 2016