Jelavic pushed Vincent Kompany first, straight red card was harsh on Manchester City captain [Vines]
[gthumb id=”411729″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
If you only watch the above Vine, which is the second part of the incident, it looks like the ref was spot on to send off Man City captain Vincent Kompany in the 9th minute at Hull today.
But that only tells half the story, and the wrong half at that.
The Vine below shows the start of the incident, in which Hull striker Jelavic pushes and knocks Kompany to the floor; the City captain then quickly gets up, and as he tries to recover the lost ground, drags Jelavic down.
On it’s own, that would warrant a red card as he was the last man; but the fact that he was fouled first voids the second one, and means the red card was a harsh one, not to say a wrong one.
Watch Live Stream
- ‘One of the best in the world’: Pep Guardiola has glowing praise for Spurs boss Pochettino (Video)September 30, 2016
- The Manchester giants are going to ‘go to war’ to sign Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos [MD]September 30, 2016
- Man United & Man City are at ‘war’ over a German World Cup winner [El Chiringuito]September 29, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Mixed reports on Vincent Kompany’s latest Man City injury setbackSeptember 22, 2016
- Vincent Kompany promises to donate all future Belgium earnings to charity (Video)August 10, 2016
- France legend Thierry Henry trolls Gary Lineker before Iceland beat England (Video)June 28, 2016
- Vincent Kompany gets ganged up on by three legendary forwards (Video)June 15, 2016