- WTF?! Atletico Madrid’s Arda Turan booked for throwing his boot at linesman [Video]
- Stoke assistant Mark Bowen admits interest in Barcelona youngsters like Adama Traore after Bojan injury
- Incredible! Fernando Torres scored after 38 seconds for Atletico v Barcelona [Video & Graphic]
- Golazo! Real Valladolid striker Jonathan Pereira scores Bergkamp-esque goal against Mallorca [Vine]
- Gabriel gives his first interview since becoming an Arsenal player [Video]
Jelavic pushed Vincent Kompany first, straight red card was harsh on Manchester City captain [Vines]
[gthumb id="411729" size="large" autoplay="1"]
If you only watch the above Vine, which is the second part of the incident, it looks like the ref was spot on to send off Man City captain Vincent Kompany in the 9th minute at Hull today.
But that only tells half the story, and the wrong half at that.
The Vine below shows the start of the incident, in which Hull striker Jelavic pushes and knocks Kompany to the floor; the City captain then quickly gets up, and as he tries to recover the lost ground, drags Jelavic down.
On it’s own, that would warrant a red card as he was the last man; but the fact that he was fouled first voids the second one, and means the red card was a harsh one, not to say a wrong one.
- Updated: March 15, 2014