- WTF! Insane Arsenal fan says Dennis Bergkamp should replace Arsene Wenger [Video]
- Abedi Pele’s footballer son Rahim Ayew attacked by armed robbers, gets shot in his arm [Pictures]
- Slip FAIL! Sao Paulo’s Alan Kardec incredibly bad penalty v Atletico Nacional [Video]
- Venezuelan Emilio Renteria suffers racist abuse in Chile, halts match & may quit the league
- Borussia Dortmund’s players thanked their fans for their efforts after Arsenal defeat [Pictures]
Jelavic pushed Vincent Kompany first, straight red card was harsh on Manchester City captain [Vines]
[gthumb id="411729" size="large" autoplay="1"]
If you only watch the above Vine, which is the second part of the incident, it looks like the ref was spot on to send off Man City captain Vincent Kompany in the 9th minute at Hull today.
But that only tells half the story, and the wrong half at that.
The Vine below shows the start of the incident, in which Hull striker Jelavic pushes and knocks Kompany to the floor; the City captain then quickly gets up, and as he tries to recover the lost ground, drags Jelavic down.
On it’s own, that would warrant a red card as he was the last man; but the fact that he was fouled first voids the second one, and means the red card was a harsh one, not to say a wrong one.
- Updated: March 15, 2014