Javier Mascherano wants to end career at Liverpool as Napoli slip in their pursuit of the Barcelona star [Sport]
- May 13, 2014
Catalan daily Sport have today reported on the potential future of Barcelona midfielder Javier Mascherano.
Mascherano, 29, has been cited as one of the Blaugrana squad tipped to leave Camp Nou this summer as Barcelona set to revamp their side.
Amid all the chatter about the Argentine’s future, one angle promulgated in Sport is that Napoli are chasing the former West Ham man.
The excellent guys at Sport Witness also make the following comments about Sport’s suggestion that Juventus are also chasing the midfielder:
Catalan newspaper Sport have been confused by transfer frenzy already, and the window hasn’t even opened yet. On Tuesday they headline a piece in their newspaper ‘Juve y Nápoles se fijan en Mascherano’ – claiming that there’s a fight between the two Italian clubs to sign Javier Mascherano.
Yet Juventus aren’t mentioned once in the article, the sub-editor meant Liverpool.
Getting to the meat of the transfer scoop, whilst Napoli would like to reunite Rafa Benitez with Mascherano, the player is said to be hostile to a move to Naples, favouring a return to LIverpool instead.
According to Sport, Mascherano has made it known that he would like to end his career back at Anfied.
Mascherano is said to be available for 15 million euros, whilst the player has a contract at Barca until June 2016 with a buyout clause of 100 million euros.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]