Javier Hernandez hints he may have to leave Man United to play more [Deportes Telemundo]
- October 9, 2013
Ahead of some crucial Mexico World Cup qualifying matches, Javier Hernandez has cast doubt on his immediate future at Manchester United by suggesting he needs to play more under David Moyes.
Speaking to Deportes Telemundo on Mexican TV, admitted he was disappointed with just two starts and one goal under new Manchester United manager David Moyes.
Hernandez: “I strive for that [to start more games]. I am working towards that – earning a spot as a starter. I know that my performance on the pitch will allow me to achieve that goal someday either here [in Manchester] or elsewhere for any other club.”
The Mexican continued: “I am going on four years here [at Manchester United] and really, like I have always said, I am happy to be able to play for one of the best clubs in the world, doing my best every single day to earn more minutes on the pitch. I just need to be given more opportunities to showcase what I can do, because all of us want to be able to contribute our part so this team can win championships.”
With the likes of Robin van Persie, Danny Welbeck and Wayne Rooney ahead of him in the Manchester United pecking order, Hernandez admits it is tough to win a starting berth at Old Trafford.
Hernandez: “What better way to compete anywhere in the world than to compete with them? The competition inside the team has always been really healthy and I think that helps the team a lot, because there are so many quality players that every one of them wants to earn a starting spot. The practices and matches coming up will force us to step up and help the team grow both at an individual and collective level.”
- Ouch: Man United striker Javier Hernandez fractures collarbone in Mexico friendly [video]
- Javier Hernandez is ‘70%’ certain to leave Man United to join Orlando City ...
- Chicharito fuels rumours about extended Real Madrid stay after appearance in advert [Vi...
- Man United striker Javier Hernandez scores classy header for Mexico [video]
- Inter Milan place £8million bid for Manchester United’s Javier ‘Chicharito&...
- Chicharito pleas to leave Man United to join Real Madrid, provided he gets playing time...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi