Javier Hernandez hints he may have to leave Man United to play more [Deportes Telemundo]
Ahead of some crucial Mexico World Cup qualifying matches, Javier Hernandez has cast doubt on his immediate future at Manchester United by suggesting he needs to play more under David Moyes.
Speaking to Deportes Telemundo on Mexican TV, admitted he was disappointed with just two starts and one goal under new Manchester United manager David Moyes.
Hernandez: “I strive for that [to start more games]. I am working towards that – earning a spot as a starter. I know that my performance on the pitch will allow me to achieve that goal someday either here [in Manchester] or elsewhere for any other club.”
The Mexican continued: “I am going on four years here [at Manchester United] and really, like I have always said, I am happy to be able to play for one of the best clubs in the world, doing my best every single day to earn more minutes on the pitch. I just need to be given more opportunities to showcase what I can do, because all of us want to be able to contribute our part so this team can win championships.”
With the likes of Robin van Persie, Danny Welbeck and Wayne Rooney ahead of him in the Manchester United pecking order, Hernandez admits it is tough to win a starting berth at Old Trafford.
Hernandez: “What better way to compete anywhere in the world than to compete with them? The competition inside the team has always been really healthy and I think that helps the team a lot, because there are so many quality players that every one of them wants to earn a starting spot. The practices and matches coming up will force us to step up and help the team grow both at an individual and collective level.”
Watch Live Stream
- Rio Ferdinand meets with Chicharito, calls him best bargain of last few years (Video)November 18, 2016
- Mexico celebrated 2-1 win over the USA with a mannequin challenge (Video)November 12, 2016
- Man United old boy Javier Hernandez is getting married to Lucia Villalon [Hola]October 23, 2016
- Real Madrid linked to a former Man United striker [AS]October 18, 2016
- Did Zlatan Ibrahimovic dope? Man United star has court date setDecember 6, 2016
- Mats Hummels talks about how close he came to joining Man United [Mail]December 6, 2016
- Man United’s Marouane Fellaini still fuming over David Luiz’s shocking tackle on himDecember 5, 2016
- Pep Guardiola impressed with Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United of late (Video)December 5, 2016