Javier Hernandez hints he may have to leave Man United to play more [Deportes Telemundo]
Ahead of some crucial Mexico World Cup qualifying matches, Javier Hernandez has cast doubt on his immediate future at Manchester United by suggesting he needs to play more under David Moyes.
Speaking to Deportes Telemundo on Mexican TV, admitted he was disappointed with just two starts and one goal under new Manchester United manager David Moyes.
Hernandez: “I strive for that [to start more games]. I am working towards that – earning a spot as a starter. I know that my performance on the pitch will allow me to achieve that goal someday either here [in Manchester] or elsewhere for any other club.”
The Mexican continued: “I am going on four years here [at Manchester United] and really, like I have always said, I am happy to be able to play for one of the best clubs in the world, doing my best every single day to earn more minutes on the pitch. I just need to be given more opportunities to showcase what I can do, because all of us want to be able to contribute our part so this team can win championships.”
With the likes of Robin van Persie, Danny Welbeck and Wayne Rooney ahead of him in the Manchester United pecking order, Hernandez admits it is tough to win a starting berth at Old Trafford.
Hernandez: “What better way to compete anywhere in the world than to compete with them? The competition inside the team has always been really healthy and I think that helps the team a lot, because there are so many quality players that every one of them wants to earn a starting spot. The practices and matches coming up will force us to step up and help the team grow both at an individual and collective level.”
Watch Live Stream
- Springy Chicharito leaps into the air for wonderful header vs Canada (Video)March 26th, 2016
- Football Leaks reveal Javier Hernandez’s loan contracts from Man United to Real MadridMarch 14th, 2016
- Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez reveals he remains in close contact with Sir Alex Fergu...March 4th, 2016
- Javier Hernandez almost decapitated Thomas Muller during Leverkusen 0 – Bayern 0 (Official ...February 6th, 2016
- Man United to pay Chelsea millions for Jose Mourinho’s image rights; Contract agreed [Guard...May 25th, 2016
- Man United & Man City to fight it out for £45m rated John Stones [M.E.N]May 25th, 2016
- Man United meet Kostas Manolas’ agent ahead of a possible €40m move from Roma [Di Marzio]May 25th, 2016
- Man United may pay Chelsea a six-figure sum to secure Jose Mourinho’s image rights [BBC]May 25th, 2016