Javi Martinez: ‘There’s 99% chance I’ve done my cruciate ligament. I’ll be back stronger’ [Facebook Video]
Poor Javi Martinez suffered a horror and freak injury during today’s German Super Cup against Bayern Munich.
The Bayern midfielder went up for a chilena scissors kick, but his leg clashed horrifically with Schmelzer, causing it to bend forwards.
Martinez was immediately stretchered off, and the initial prognosis is that he could be facing 6 months out.
Martinez posted a video to his Facebook updating on what happened, saying:
I’ve fucked my knee, I’m here on the coach.
I’ve been speaking with the club doctor and he told me that there’s a 99% chance that I’ve done my cruciate ligament, and my external ligament.
It’s fucked up…I don’t normally curse but in this case I’ve gotta say it.
If it turns out to be the cruciate, I’ll be operated tomorrow, and begin rehab work to come back stronger and a better player.
I’ll be back.”
Watch Live Stream
- Werder Bremen’s sporting director confirms direct Arsenal talks over Serge GnabryAugust 30, 2016
- Serge Gnabry’s move from Arsenal to Bayern confirmed by his dad [Kicker & SWR]August 30, 2016
- Arsenal fans react to news Serge Gnabry may join Bayern Munich [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Bayern Munich plan to sign Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry [Sky Germany]August 30, 2016
- Bayern’s Javi Martinez wiped out Frankfurt manager Niko Kovac (Official Video)April 4, 2016
- Javi Martinez needs knee surgery, claims Bayern star may miss the EurosJanuary 31, 2016
- Bayern Munich stars give Javi Martinez a guard of honour upon return to training [Video]April 22, 2015
- Bayern trio Javi Martinez, Pepe Reina and Juan Bernat have a boys’ night in [Video]March 10, 2015