Javi Martinez: ‘There’s 99% chance I’ve done my cruciate ligament. I’ll be back stronger’ [Facebook Video]
- August 13, 2014
Poor Javi Martinez suffered a horror and freak injury during today’s German Super Cup against Bayern Munich.
The Bayern midfielder went up for a chilena scissors kick, but his leg clashed horrifically with Schmelzer, causing it to bend forwards.
Martinez was immediately stretchered off, and the initial prognosis is that he could be facing 6 months out.
Martinez posted a video to his Facebook updating on what happened, saying:
I’ve fucked my knee, I’m here on the coach.
I’ve been speaking with the club doctor and he told me that there’s a 99% chance that I’ve done my cruciate ligament, and my external ligament.
It’s fucked up…I don’t normally curse but in this case I’ve gotta say it.
If it turns out to be the cruciate, I’ll be operated tomorrow, and begin rehab work to come back stronger and a better player.
I’ll be back.”
- Man United’s pursuit of Bayern’s Schweinsteiger looks like it’s dead ...
- Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery is considering retirement due to ankle problem
- Bayern Munich set to sign Douglas Costa from Shakhtar for €35m [Sport 1]
- Bayern & Man United considering swap deal of cash plus Bastian Schweinsteiger for ...
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola states that he still has huge affection for ex-Barca presiden...
- BBC confirm Man United interest in both Sergio Ramos & Bastian Schweinsteiger
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi