Javi Martinez: ‘There’s 99% chance I’ve done my cruciate ligament. I’ll be back stronger’ [Facebook Video]
- August 13, 2014
Poor Javi Martinez suffered a horror and freak injury during today’s German Super Cup against Bayern Munich.
The Bayern midfielder went up for a chilena scissors kick, but his leg clashed horrifically with Schmelzer, causing it to bend forwards.
Martinez was immediately stretchered off, and the initial prognosis is that he could be facing 6 months out.
Martinez posted a video to his Facebook updating on what happened, saying:
I’ve fucked my knee, I’m here on the coach.
I’ve been speaking with the club doctor and he told me that there’s a 99% chance that I’ve done my cruciate ligament, and my external ligament.
It’s fucked up…I don’t normally curse but in this case I’ve gotta say it.
If it turns out to be the cruciate, I’ll be operated tomorrow, and begin rehab work to come back stronger and a better player.
I’ll be back.”
- Chile international Arturo Vidal officially signs for Bayern Munich (video)
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich replace Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger with Arturo ...
- Bayern Munich star Jerome Boateng joins Jay Z’s ‘Roc Nation Sports’ l...
- Pep Guardiola has agreed to take over at Manchester City at end of next season [beIN SP...
- Manuel Neuer and Thomas Muller play match on Pearl River, surprise Bayern fans (Video)
- Philipp Lahm and Franck Ribery take on header challenge in BT Sport’s House Party...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi