Javi Martinez: ‘There’s 99% chance I’ve done my cruciate ligament. I’ll be back stronger’ [Facebook Video]
- August 13, 2014
Poor Javi Martinez suffered a horror and freak injury during today’s German Super Cup against Bayern Munich.
The Bayern midfielder went up for a chilena scissors kick, but his leg clashed horrifically with Schmelzer, causing it to bend forwards.
Martinez was immediately stretchered off, and the initial prognosis is that he could be facing 6 months out.
Martinez posted a video to his Facebook updating on what happened, saying:
I’ve fucked my knee, I’m here on the coach.
I’ve been speaking with the club doctor and he told me that there’s a 99% chance that I’ve done my cruciate ligament, and my external ligament.
It’s fucked up…I don’t normally curse but in this case I’ve gotta say it.
If it turns out to be the cruciate, I’ll be operated tomorrow, and begin rehab work to come back stronger and a better player.
I’ll be back.”
- Kingsley Coman unveiled as a Bayern player after completing €20m transfer from Juventus
- Douglas Costa pulled off a rainbow flick during Bayern Munich win v Leverkusen (officia...
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Paris train hero Alek Skarlatos gets VIP treatment from Bayern Munich squad [Tweet]
- Bayern Munich stars don lederhosen in annual Paulaner photo shoot for Oktoberfest (Video)
- Thomas Muller gave Arturo Vidal a head massage in Bayern Munich training (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...