Javi Garica makes £13m move to Zenit St Petersburg from Manchester City
Javi Garcia has completed a £13m from Manchester City to Zenit St Petersburg.
The Spanish midfielder arrived at City from Benfica in 2012 in a £15m move, but never quite made his stamp on the team, although he did have some long stretches in the team in his first year.
But last season in particular, Garcia devolved into a non-descript, forgotten man at the Etihad, so it’s quite amazing that he’s been able to command such a fee, though of course Zenit aren’t exactly on the breadline.
After three years watching him for City, I still have no idea what exactly Javi Garcia does; if someone could enlighten me that’d be great.
(Via Daily Mail)
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea & Man City to duke it out in January for one of the world’s top defenders [Star]September 24, 2016
- Bad news for Man City star Kevin De BruyneSeptember 24, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola says Joe Hart decision was one of his toughest ever (Video)September 24, 2016
- Dimitri Seluk at it again, says Pep Guardiola treats players like dogs [Tweet]September 23, 2016
- Zenit respond to Burger King name change offer with brilliant Game of Thrones tweetSeptember 2, 2016
- Zenit receive whopper offer from Burger King to change name to ‘Zenit Burger King’ [Best Tweets]September 2, 2016
- Juventus furious with Zenit after pulling £17m Axel Witsel transfer at last minuteSeptember 1, 2016
- Valencia line up their replacement for Arsenal bound Shkodran Mustafi [Super Deporte]August 28, 2016