Jason Cundy-esque! A freak 70-yard lob was scored in Italian lower leagues on Sunday [Video]
- February 10, 2014
Perhaps the maddest goal of the weekend was spotted in the Italian 4th tier on Sunday.
Travellers Vigor Lamezia picked up a 1-0 win at Tuttocuoio 1957 in Lega Pro 2, Girone B division, and the only goal of the game was a complete fluke.
The action started when Tuttocuoio had a free-kick midway through the Vigor Lamezia half, however rather than slinging the ball into the mix the delivery-taker opted to play the ball square. That was a huge mistake as the ball got stuck in mud.
With the ball up for grabs on the boggy surface, a collision erupted between a Tuttocuoio player and the visitors Donemico Zampaglione to win possession.
Ridinkulously, the result was a 70-yard lob by Zampaglione into the hosts goal.
Watch the Jason Cundy-esque goal from Italy below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...