Jason Cundy-esque! A freak 70-yard lob was scored in Italian lower leagues on Sunday [Video]
- February 10, 2014
Perhaps the maddest goal of the weekend was spotted in the Italian 4th tier on Sunday.
Travellers Vigor Lamezia picked up a 1-0 win at Tuttocuoio 1957 in Lega Pro 2, Girone B division, and the only goal of the game was a complete fluke.
The action started when Tuttocuoio had a free-kick midway through the Vigor Lamezia half, however rather than slinging the ball into the mix the delivery-taker opted to play the ball square. That was a huge mistake as the ball got stuck in mud.
With the ball up for grabs on the boggy surface, a collision erupted between a Tuttocuoio player and the visitors Donemico Zampaglione to win possession.
Ridinkulously, the result was a 70-yard lob by Zampaglione into the hosts goal.
Watch the Jason Cundy-esque goal from Italy below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi