- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Jason Cundy-esque! A freak 70-yard lob was scored in Italian lower leagues on Sunday [Video]
Perhaps the maddest goal of the weekend was spotted in the Italian 4th tier on Sunday.
Travellers Vigor Lamezia picked up a 1-0 win at Tuttocuoio 1957 in Lega Pro 2, Girone B division, and the only goal of the game was a complete fluke.
The action started when Tuttocuoio had a free-kick midway through the Vigor Lamezia half, however rather than slinging the ball into the mix the delivery-taker opted to play the ball square. That was a huge mistake as the ball got stuck in mud.
With the ball up for grabs on the boggy surface, a collision erupted between a Tuttocuoio player and the visitors Donemico Zampaglione to win possession.
Ridinkulously, the result was a 70-yard lob by Zampaglione into the hosts goal.
Watch the Jason Cundy-esque goal from Italy below.
- Updated: February 10, 2014