- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Jason Cundy-esque! A freak 70-yard lob was scored in Italian lower leagues on Sunday [Video]
Perhaps the maddest goal of the weekend was spotted in the Italian 4th tier on Sunday.
Travellers Vigor Lamezia picked up a 1-0 win at Tuttocuoio 1957 in Lega Pro 2, Girone B division, and the only goal of the game was a complete fluke.
The action started when Tuttocuoio had a free-kick midway through the Vigor Lamezia half, however rather than slinging the ball into the mix the delivery-taker opted to play the ball square. That was a huge mistake as the ball got stuck in mud.
With the ball up for grabs on the boggy surface, a collision erupted between a Tuttocuoio player and the visitors Donemico Zampaglione to win possession.
Ridinkulously, the result was a 70-yard lob by Zampaglione into the hosts goal.
Watch the Jason Cundy-esque goal from Italy below.
- Updated: February 10, 2014