Jan Szczęsny, brother of Arsenal’s Wojciech, drops a clanger in the Polish 6th division
- June 10, 2013
We’re indebted to Polish journalist @rightbankwarsaw for sending us this video.
The Szczęsnys are a Polish goalkeeping dynasty.
Father Maciej Szczęsny won four Polish championships with four different clubs during his goalkeeping career, including playing in the European Cup with Legia Warsaw and Widzew Łódź, and he also represented his country on seven occasions.
Son Wojciech is well known, being a modern day star after making himself a mainstay between the sticks for Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal team. However the Szczęsny goalkeeping magic missed out second son Jan last weekend in the Polish 6th division.
PKS Radość beat Bóbr Tłuszcz 2-1, but the goal conceded came from a mistake from Jan Szczęsny.
The keeper dropped a clanger with a miscued clearance made under no major pressure, which lead to one of his defenders bringing down an opponent in the box. Szczęsny then came within fingertips of stopping the spotkick, but the ball had just a little too much heat on it to sneak under to goalie’s body and into the net.
Watch Jan Szczęsny’s misfortune in the Polish 6th division below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...