- Watch Lionel Messi watch his Barcelona tribute for becoming La Liga top goal scorer
- AC Milan v Inter Milan: Watch a live stream of the Derby della Madonnina – available in UK
- Liverpool linked to £10m bid for Norwich’s Nathan Redmond in the Sunday Star [Picture]
- Superfan Claude doesn’t think Gunners will make top 4 after Man United loss [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Mario Balotelli turns up at the boxing, surely out of Crystal Palace v Liverpool
The Tweets on Jamie Redknapp’s ridiculous comment: “Last night the world woke up to the mighty Zlatan”
Sky’s pretty-boy pundit Jamie Redknapp is today receiving a wrath of abuse following a comment he made in his column in the Daily Mail following Sweden’s 4-2 win over England.
In all likelihood Redknapp failed to appreciate just what a backlash he would get from his throwaway line in the DM:
He’s been called the Swedish Cantona for his swagger, but he’s quicker than the former Manchester United striker and last night the world woke up to the mighty Zlatan.
Redknapp’s comments were thoroughly foolish.
Zlatan has long been established as one of world football’s best strikers, with his most amazing stat being that the Swede won eight successive domestic championships between 2003-2011 with Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona and then AC Milan.
A collection of the best anti-Redknapp Tweets can be read below.
All these people mocking Jamie Redknapp for just waking up to Zlatan … y’all only just waking up to Redknapp?
— Andrew Thomas (@Twisted_Blood) November 15, 2012
Please tell me he didn’t really say that… “@101greatgoals: J Redknapp in the Mail: “Last night the world woke up to the mighty Zlatan.””
— Sid Lowe (@sidlowe) November 15, 2012
I was going to sign Zlatan Ibrahimović triffic player..!
— Harry Redknapp (@hazza_redknapp) November 14, 2012
Jamie Redknapp is a clown, which makes it worse that a television corporation AND a newspaper pay him.
— Samuel Luckhurst (@samuelluckhurst) November 15, 2012
‘Last night the world woke up to Zlatan’. The fuck? When the world finally wakes up to Jamie Redknapp, he’ll be unemployed by dinner time.
— Jimmy Shaker (@forzalossie) November 15, 2012
- Updated: November 15, 2012