- Death beater & heart defibrillator wearer Daniel Engelbrecht scored another winner in Germany [Video]
- Man United fan says club shouldn’t have sold Welbeck to Arsenal after Villa draw [Full Time Devils]
- Ander Herrera celebrates Falcao goal & posts injury update on Instagram
- Paul Lambert says Aston Villa were “fantastic” v Man United, 10-men could have won it [Video]
- Paul Pogba scores a behind-the-goal goal during Juventus training in Doha!
Jamie Carragher places Gerrard and Lampard ahead of Scholes in list of great English midfielders
Jamie Carragher has given his opinion on the three best English midfielders of the last 20 years and has put Paul Scholes behind both Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard.
It isn’t the first time that Carragher has weighed in on this debate and also not the first time he’s placed Scholes behind Gerrard and Lampard.
In light of Lampard’s move to New York City FC, Carragher has dug up the debate, saying he thinks Gerrard finishes top of the pile of English midfielders from the last 20 years while Lampard edges Scholes due to the number of decisive goals he scored in his career.
The 3 best English midfielders for 20 years. Stevie tops list I think Frank just edges Scholes for the defining goals he scored.
— Jamie Carragher (@Carra23) July 24, 2014
- Updated: July 24, 2014