Jamie Carragher places Gerrard and Lampard ahead of Scholes in list of great English midfielders
- July 24, 2014
Jamie Carragher has given his opinion on the three best English midfielders of the last 20 years and has put Paul Scholes behind both Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard.
It isn’t the first time that Carragher has weighed in on this debate and also not the first time he’s placed Scholes behind Gerrard and Lampard.
In light of Lampard’s move to New York City FC, Carragher has dug up the debate, saying he thinks Gerrard finishes top of the pile of English midfielders from the last 20 years while Lampard edges Scholes due to the number of decisive goals he scored in his career.
The 3 best English midfielders for 20 years. Stevie tops list I think Frank just edges Scholes for the defining goals he scored.
— Jamie Carragher (@Carra23) July 24, 2014
- Frank Lampard comically struggles with rope ladder after swimming in lake [Video]
- Awesome Chelsea video: Champions of England by @feroze17 & @danielkatona17
- Ex West Ham & Spurs boss Harry Redknapp joins Twitter; Banters about Frank Lampard...
- Frank Lampard disagrees with Mourinho, highlights how this Chelsea side still relies on...
- Frank Lampard pens long tribute to Chelsea legend Didier Drogba on Instagram
- Man United’s Juan Mata pays tribute to leaving Chelsea legends in end of season blog
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi