- Arsenal man Mesut Ozil sends out (weird) emotional thank you video to all his fans [Video]
- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
- This week’s top 5 La Masia goals from Barcelona featured some absolute crackers [Video]
- Full video of homeless Cristiano Ronaldo playing with a kid before revealing himself [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers blasts “nasty” Diego Costa & says Liverpool deserved to beat Chelsea [Video]
Jamie Carragher has a 20-minute chat with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers for Sky Sports [Video]
Jamie Carragher has recently had the pleasure of sitting down for a long chat with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, and the Anfield heroes discussed a range of topics ranging from keeping hold of Luis Suarez, the rise in form of Jordan Henderson and the difficulties of taking over from club legend Kenny Dalglish.
On Suarez, Rodgers showered praise on his forward for his attitude since the summer. Rodgers said:
Once the window had shut there was not going to be any fallout from that because he is 150 per cent not just every game but every day. It has been great to see that, it has been great to see the maturity.
I have brought him in closely as well to myself, we speak a lot. I made him one of the real pillars within the team. We needed leaders and winners in here so he has embraced that role, we see in his performances now that he is at that world-class level.
Rodgers also discussed what it meant to lead Liverpool to a 4-0 in over Everon at Anfield, and the importance of that result in the context of the season.
I think psychologically it was a big win but there is stil an awful long way to go; there are still 15 games to go and a lot of work to do but certainly it helps your confidence.
I feel that there is still a long way for this team to go, we are still building something here and to get in the top four this year would probably be a year early from what I was thinking, but you cannot always plan perfectly. We have had a terrific season up to now and we can only get better.
- Updated: February 5, 2014