- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Jamie Carragher & Gary Neville accuse Chico Flores of getting Andy Carroll sent off, say Swansea man deserves ban
Para los que dicen que no me ha dado. For those who say that me has failed. http://t.co/OeHg2Wzv1o
— Chico Flores (@ChicoFlores12) February 1, 2014
One of the more controversial issues during last weekend’s Premier League matches was Andy Carroll’s red card for allegedly elbowing Swansea’s Chico Flores in the head.
West Ham’s robust centre-forward was instantly red carded after making contact with the Swansea player, however immediately Carroll received plenty of support as the Spaniard was accused of exaggerating and milking the collision to get the Iron sent off.
Flores has since tried to defend his case posting a Vine video of the incident on his official Twitter account, nevertheless most remain certain that Carroll should never have been dismissed for the original challenge.
Ahead of an FA decision on Tuesday to decide whether the red card should be rescinded, the pundits on Monday Night Football gave their two cents on the hot topic.
Both Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville rushed to the defence of the West Ham striker, with the former Liverpool man calling for bans in football for players behaving like Chico Flores, while Neville added:
I’d echo that. I don’t think he’ll [Andy Carroll] will get away with it because they’ll be some doubt and they’ll stick by the referee. But, like you say, we talk about that grey issue of diving and contact, but there is no grey issue when it comes to rolling around on the floor to get another player sent off.
Watch the interesting comments of Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville on the Chico Flores versus Andy Carroll issue below.
- Updated: February 4, 2014