James Rodriguez is about to sign for Real Madrid, Monaco receive €70m + Casemiro [AS]
- July 17, 2014
What a summer it looks like being for Colombian World Cup star James Rodriguez.
Having secured the World Cup Golden Boot, Rodriguez now looks set to sign for Real Madrid, with AS confirming on Thursday that the deal is very close.
Real Madrid look set to announce the signing of Toni Kroos today and goalkeeper Keylor Navas’ move from Levante is also close.
Last night, according to AS, Real Madrid accelerated negotiations with Monaco who feel they are unable to keep the Colombian playmaker, who they signed for 45 million euros a year ago.
James Rodriguez will earn 7.5 million euros per season at Real Madrid, and his desire to leave for the Bernabeu has somewhat tied the hands of Monaco owner Dmitry Rybolovlev.
Monaco were originally asking 80 million euros for James Rodriguez but have softened their stance to 70 million plus a player.
Both Pepe and Fabio Coentrao are not interested in signing for last season’s Ligue 1 runners-up and the likely player to be included as a makeweight in the deal is midfielder Casemiro.
AS confirm that Real Madrid are selling Angel Di Maria to PSG to facilitate the move for Rodriguez.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...