James Perch returns a £5 note to the crowd during Newcastle 1 – Everton 2
- January 3, 2013
Who says footballers are out of touch with the working class man?
In the first half of Newcastle’s 2-1 home defeat to Everton, James Perch spotted a five pound note on the St James’ Park pitch and walked over to the crowd to give it back to its owner.
The Newcastle utility man found no takers, perhaps because the Sky cameras were rolling, and in the end gave it to one of the stewards who was facing away from the pitch.
Perch got a big cheer from the Newcastle support and in a season where we saw coins thrown from the crowd during the Manchester derby, this is much more heart warming in comparison.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi