- Chelsea’s Didier Drogba suspected of cheating after 2014 Miss World Netherlands drops hint
- An ugly bench clearing brawl stopped Tottenham’s U18s match v USA U17 early [Video]
- Ouch! Quini takes out his Rayo Vallecano coach with a two footed tackle v Espanyol [Video]
- Pochettino presser: Spurs boss delighted with 3 wins in a week, says Lamela needs time [video]
- Radamel Falcao’s wife celebrates Man United goal at Aston Villa on Instagram
James Perch returns a £5 note to the crowd during Newcastle 1 – Everton 2
Who says footballers are out of touch with the working class man?
In the first half of Newcastle’s 2-1 home defeat to Everton, James Perch spotted a five pound note on the St James’ Park pitch and walked over to the crowd to give it back to its owner.
The Newcastle utility man found no takers, perhaps because the Sky cameras were rolling, and in the end gave it to one of the stewards who was facing away from the pitch.
Perch got a big cheer from the Newcastle support and in a season where we saw coins thrown from the crowd during the Manchester derby, this is much more heart warming in comparison.
- Updated: January 3, 2013