James Perch returns a £5 note to the crowd during Newcastle 1 – Everton 2
- January 3, 2013
Who says footballers are out of touch with the working class man?
In the first half of Newcastle’s 2-1 home defeat to Everton, James Perch spotted a five pound note on the St James’ Park pitch and walked over to the crowd to give it back to its owner.
The Newcastle utility man found no takers, perhaps because the Sky cameras were rolling, and in the end gave it to one of the stewards who was facing away from the pitch.
Perch got a big cheer from the Newcastle support and in a season where we saw coins thrown from the crowd during the Manchester derby, this is much more heart warming in comparison.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...