- Bolton boss Neil Lennon explains signing Emile Heskey, may play on Boxing Day v Blackburn [Audio]
- Union Berlin hosts 27,500 fans singing Christmas carols in their stadium [Video]
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola appointed manager of Serie A side Cagliari
- Catania have three men sent off in three minutes in a 3-2 defeat to Cittadella [Video]
- Queretaro’s AWOL Ronaldinho turns up on Instagram celebrating a family Christmas [Picture]
James McArthur and Emmerson Boyce fight as Wigan are destroyed by Liverpool
All is not ok at Wigan.
The Latics were thumped 4-0 at home on Saturday by Liverpool, leaving Roberto Martinez’s charges one place above the drop zone.
Aston Villa can put Wigan into the bottom three if they can get at least a point against Manchester City on Monday night.
Midway through the first half with Liverpool, with the Socusers already two goals to the good, the pressure at Wigan was made plain by a fight between teammates James McArthur and Emmerson Boyce.
The spat was sparked when Boyce smacked McArthur on the back of his head.
McArthur, wearing a mask that made him look like Zorro, instantly snapped back in Boyce’s direction, and it was left to Wigan captain Gary Caldwell to get in the middle of the warring twosome to keep tempers from boiling over.
Showing just how tense the scene was, even Liverpool’s Luis Suarez seemed to be taken aback by the fight between the Wigan players.
Watch the James McArthur and Emmerson Boyce fight below.
- Updated: March 2, 2013