Jackson Martinez redeems epic Panenka FAIL with brace to secure Porto win over Rio Ave
- February 24, 2013
“I apologize to my team mates and the fans of FC Porto. I appreciate the confidence of the group and in particular Lucho, as captain, giving me confidence to take another one (referring to the second penalty).” – Jackson Martinez.
“Jackson, like any player, makes his own decisions. He failed, but then showed great character and wanted to score again. It’s another example of the unity of the team.” – Porto coach Victor Pereira.
If you are going to miss a Panenka, just makes sure you do what Jackson Martinez did last night, and win the game for your team.
The sequence of events during Porto’s 2-1 win over Rio Ave, that keeps them top in Portugal, was as follows:
32: Jackson Martinez floats a Panenka penalty into the arms of Rio Ave keeper Jan Oblak.
45 +2: Jackson Martinez scores a penalty, powering a shot into the right hand side of the goal.
77: Jackson Martinez scores Porto’s winner v Rio Ave.
Porto’s scouts look to have once again stolen a march on some of the biggest clubs in Europe by buying Jackson Martinez last summer for just 11 million US Dollars.
The Colombian already has 22 goals to his name this season and looks like being one of the hottest strikers in next summer’s transfer market.
Yesterday, Martinez showed massive balls to score a penalty after missing a terrible Panenka before securing another Porto win. Videos below.
(One thing to look out for on the first video is Porto coach Victor Pereira’s face after the Panenka FAIL.)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...