Jack Wilshere dropped by Roy Hodgson for England v Montenegro, smoking puns abound
Two of the leading tabloids have revealed on Friday morning that Jack Wilshere has been dropped by England boss Roy Hodgson for the crucial World Cup qualifier against Montenegro at Wembley this evening.
Wilshere has started England’s last two games, but it is understood that Hodgson has not been impressed by the Arsenal midfielder in recent games as well as during England training this week.
This would cap a week where Wilshere has found himself on the back pages for a variety of reasons.
First, it was for being pictured smokinga cigarette, then Wilshere scored for Arsenal at West Brom before he became embroiled in a press-created Adnan Januzaj “controversy” over who should play for England.
All signs now point to Hodgson utilising a Frank Lampard-Steven Gerrard central midfield with James Milner on the right and Danny Welbeck deployed on the left. Daniel Sturridge and Wayne Rooney will start up front for England.
As a result, the Daily Star say “Roy smokes him out” and The Sun go with “Jack is looking fagged out.” Both back pages are below.
Watch Live Stream
- Roy Hodgson criticized for bizarre solution to Daniel Sturridge’s calf injury [Tweets]May 28th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson says he’s proving fitness whilst Twitter slates his perf...May 27th, 2016
- Wayne Rooney lashes home 52nd England goal against Australia (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Spurs’ Eric Dier scores brilliant diving header for England….at the wrong end (Video ...May 27th, 2016
- Jamie Vardy & Jack Wilshere post-England win, Arsenal man declares himself 100% fit (Video)May 22nd, 2016
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere gets engaged to Andriani Michael after his England Euro 2016 call-upMay 17th, 2016
- Mirror leave out crucial information claiming Man City want Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere [Tweets]May 15th, 2016
- Jack Wilshere speaks about where Arsenal must improve next year (Video)May 11th, 2016