Jack Wilshere dropped by Roy Hodgson for England v Montenegro, smoking puns abound
- October 11, 2013
Two of the leading tabloids have revealed on Friday morning that Jack Wilshere has been dropped by England boss Roy Hodgson for the crucial World Cup qualifier against Montenegro at Wembley this evening.
Wilshere has started England’s last two games, but it is understood that Hodgson has not been impressed by the Arsenal midfielder in recent games as well as during England training this week.
This would cap a week where Wilshere has found himself on the back pages for a variety of reasons.
First, it was for being pictured smokinga cigarette, then Wilshere scored for Arsenal at West Brom before he became embroiled in a press-created Adnan Januzaj “controversy” over who should play for England.
All signs now point to Hodgson utilising a Frank Lampard-Steven Gerrard central midfield with James Milner on the right and Danny Welbeck deployed on the left. Daniel Sturridge and Wayne Rooney will start up front for England.
As a result, the Daily Star say “Roy smokes him out” and The Sun go with “Jack is looking fagged out.” Both back pages are below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...