Jack Wilshere dropped by Roy Hodgson for England v Montenegro, smoking puns abound
- October 11, 2013
Two of the leading tabloids have revealed on Friday morning that Jack Wilshere has been dropped by England boss Roy Hodgson for the crucial World Cup qualifier against Montenegro at Wembley this evening.
Wilshere has started England’s last two games, but it is understood that Hodgson has not been impressed by the Arsenal midfielder in recent games as well as during England training this week.
This would cap a week where Wilshere has found himself on the back pages for a variety of reasons.
First, it was for being pictured smokinga cigarette, then Wilshere scored for Arsenal at West Brom before he became embroiled in a press-created Adnan Januzaj “controversy” over who should play for England.
All signs now point to Hodgson utilising a Frank Lampard-Steven Gerrard central midfield with James Milner on the right and Danny Welbeck deployed on the left. Daniel Sturridge and Wayne Rooney will start up front for England.
As a result, the Daily Star say “Roy smokes him out” and The Sun go with “Jack is looking fagged out.” Both back pages are below.
- England’s official Twitter account bashed after publishing & deleting sexist...
- Laura Bassett on England grabbing 3rd place with win over Germany [video]
- England’s Steph Houghton made an amazing overhead-kick goalline clearance v Germa...
- Laura Bassett reflects on her semi-final own goal for Japan v England [video]
- Paul Gascoigne’s career highlights get the Lego treatment [Video]
- Gutted: Laura Bassett’s seriously unfortunate own goal for Japan v England [GIF &...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi