Jack Wilshere dropped by Roy Hodgson for England v Montenegro, smoking puns abound
Two of the leading tabloids have revealed on Friday morning that Jack Wilshere has been dropped by England boss Roy Hodgson for the crucial World Cup qualifier against Montenegro at Wembley this evening.
Wilshere has started England’s last two games, but it is understood that Hodgson has not been impressed by the Arsenal midfielder in recent games as well as during England training this week.
This would cap a week where Wilshere has found himself on the back pages for a variety of reasons.
First, it was for being pictured smokinga cigarette, then Wilshere scored for Arsenal at West Brom before he became embroiled in a press-created Adnan Januzaj “controversy” over who should play for England.
All signs now point to Hodgson utilising a Frank Lampard-Steven Gerrard central midfield with James Milner on the right and Danny Welbeck deployed on the left. Daniel Sturridge and Wayne Rooney will start up front for England.
As a result, the Daily Star say “Roy smokes him out” and The Sun go with “Jack is looking fagged out.” Both back pages are below.
Watch Live Stream
- You have to feel sorry for Big Sam Allardyce getting England sack after Scott McGarvey’s reveleationsOctober 13, 2016
- Chelsea’s Gary Cahill gets destroyed by Henry Winter on the BBC (Video)October 12, 2016
- Jesse Lingard clarifies altercation in Marcus Rashford bromance post [Instagram]October 12, 2016
- It’s Not The Manager: Matt Le Tissier hits the nail on the head re England’s malaiseOctober 12, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere speaks after finally playing 90 minutes for Bournemouth (Video)October 22, 2016
- Eureka: Jack Wilshere plays 90 minutes of football for Bournemouth v Spurs [Tweets]October 22, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere (Bournemouth) tops table for Premier League passing accuracyOctober 21, 2016
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere posts on Instagram about his missed sitter for BournemouthOctober 2, 2016