Jack Wilshere doesn’t think Adnan Januzaj should play for England
- October 9, 2013
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere leads many of the back pages this Wednesday morning after he was put up in front of the press at England HQ on Tuesday.
Wilshere was questioned about whether England should push to bring in Manchester United’s Adnan Januzaj – which was hinted at as a possibility by Roy Hodgson after his two-goal haul at Sunderland.
As is now commonly known, Januzaj is eligible to represent Belgium, Albania, Turkey, Serbia and Kosovo, who have yet to be recognised by Fifa and could be able to play for England in 2018.
Wilshere is not a big fan of the idea: “No, for me, if you are English, you are English, and you play for England. The only people who should play for England are English people.”
The England schemer added: “If you’ve lived in England for five years, for me, it doesn’t make you English. You shouldn’t play. It doesn’t mean you can play for that country. If I went to Spain and lived there for five years, I’m not going to play for Spain. For me an English player should play for England really.”
Wilshere was then asked whether England should have an English manager: “I think it’s better if there is an Englishman [in charge], but don’t get me wrong, Fabio Capello did a lot for my England career. He brought me here, gave me my debut and stuck with me form a young age, so he was a good manager as well.”
- Borussia Dortmund do not have an option to buy Man United’s Adnan Januzaj [Press ...
- Man United winger Adnan Januzaj confirms loan move to Borrusia Dortmund on Instagram
- Borussia Dortmund in advanced talks with Man United over Adnan Januzaj loan deal [Sky S...
- Van Gaal confirms that Januzaj is out of Swansea v Manchester United (Video)
- Everton close in on Man United forward Adnan Januzaj [Liverpool Echo]
- ‘Wait and see': Van Gaal refuses to rule out Januzaj loan after Aston Villa win (...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...