- Spurs’ Andros Townsend banters Roberto Soldado for using Google Translate in Twitter chat
- Xabi Alonso is already giving interviews in German to Bayern TV, after 2 months of classes [Video]
- FC Barcelona will not renew Qatar sponsorship deal due to terror financing concerns
- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
Ivory Coast stars brought a number of prostitutes to their hotel before March friendly with Belgium [Abijan Sports]
In early March Ivory Coast visited Belgium for a friendly, with the Ivorians coming from behind to draw 2-2.
Abijan Sports are now claiming that the visitors brought prostitutes to their hotel in Belgium ahead of the match.
“The Ivory Coast group has a sleepless night Monday, March 3 at their hotel in Brussels. Several players have benefited from carelessness to bring prostitutes to their rooms,” writes Thursday national sports weekly Abidjan Sports.
The players names were not revealed but an Ivorian international was quoted as saying “the national team has become a brothel”.
The Internal went on to say “Even in New York, last August, players visited prostitutes before the friendly match against Mexico (1-4 defeat). Meetings, fines are useless, since it continues, continues there. I have nothing against coach Sabri Lamouchi, but he has no authority over the group. “
- Updated: April 4, 2014