Ivory Coast boss Sabri Lamouchi announces his departure after World Cup exit [Football Italia]
- June 24, 2014
Ivory Coast manager Sabri Lamouchi has announced that he won’t be extending his contract and will be stepping down from his post after his team’s heartbreaking exit from the World Cup, according to football news site Football Italia.
Ivory Coast were a minute away from qualifying for the last 16 before conceding a penalty that would send them packing to a frustrating Greece team.
Lamouchi took the Ivory Coast job in 2012, his first managerial adventure. He said: “My contract comes to an end at this World Cup and there will be no epilogue and you can understand well as to why.”
The Frenchman added: “I have put a lot of time and effort into the past two years but unfortunately my story with the Ivory Coast ends this evening.”
- Yaya Toure’s Fantasy 5-a-side team, ft. No Man City players, lots of Barcelona le...
- Germany beat Ivory Coast 10-0 (!) at the Women’s World Cup [Official Highlights]
- Chelsea’s stars sing ‘Who let the Drog out’ during Drogba’s int...
- Yaya Toure: Winning AFCON is unbelievable, something special [video]
- Ivory Coast star Gervinho gets hilarious photoshop treatment after AFCON win [Video]
- Photoshoppers go into overdrive mocking Gervinho’s pose during the Ivory Coast v ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...