Ivory Coast boss Sabri Lamouchi announces his departure after World Cup exit [Football Italia]
- June 24, 2014
Ivory Coast manager Sabri Lamouchi has announced that he won’t be extending his contract and will be stepping down from his post after his team’s heartbreaking exit from the World Cup, according to football news site Football Italia.
Ivory Coast were a minute away from qualifying for the last 16 before conceding a penalty that would send them packing to a frustrating Greece team.
Lamouchi took the Ivory Coast job in 2012, his first managerial adventure. He said: “My contract comes to an end at this World Cup and there will be no epilogue and you can understand well as to why.”
The Frenchman added: “I have put a lot of time and effort into the past two years but unfortunately my story with the Ivory Coast ends this evening.”
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...