- Arsenal fans Claude & Ty bicker over West Ham win [Video]
- Man United striker Robin Van Persie funny post on Instagram after 0-0 draw at Spurs
- Isco scores beautiful solo golazo in Real Madrid training; Fans chant his name [Video]
- Alexis Sanchez opens up about life in London – “I’m happy at Arsenal” [Latercera]
- Lukas Podolski posts celebratory team photo on the Arsenal bus after West Ham win [Instagram]
Ivory Coast boss Sabri Lamouchi announces his departure after World Cup exit [Football Italia]
Ivory Coast manager Sabri Lamouchi has announced that he won’t be extending his contract and will be stepping down from his post after his team’s heartbreaking exit from the World Cup, according to football news site Football Italia.
Ivory Coast were a minute away from qualifying for the last 16 before conceding a penalty that would send them packing to a frustrating Greece team.
Lamouchi took the Ivory Coast job in 2012, his first managerial adventure. He said: “My contract comes to an end at this World Cup and there will be no epilogue and you can understand well as to why.”
The Frenchman added: “I have put a lot of time and effort into the past two years but unfortunately my story with the Ivory Coast ends this evening.”
- Updated: June 24, 2014