Ivory Coast boss Sabri Lamouchi announces his departure after World Cup exit [Football Italia]
- June 24, 2014
Ivory Coast manager Sabri Lamouchi has announced that he won’t be extending his contract and will be stepping down from his post after his team’s heartbreaking exit from the World Cup, according to football news site Football Italia.
Ivory Coast were a minute away from qualifying for the last 16 before conceding a penalty that would send them packing to a frustrating Greece team.
Lamouchi took the Ivory Coast job in 2012, his first managerial adventure. He said: “My contract comes to an end at this World Cup and there will be no epilogue and you can understand well as to why.”
The Frenchman added: “I have put a lot of time and effort into the past two years but unfortunately my story with the Ivory Coast ends this evening.”
- Germany beat Ivory Coast 10-0 (!) at the Women’s World Cup [Official Highlights]
- Chelsea’s stars sing ‘Who let the Drog out’ during Drogba’s int...
- Yaya Toure: Winning AFCON is unbelievable, something special [video]
- Ivory Coast star Gervinho gets hilarious photoshop treatment after AFCON win [Video]
- Photoshoppers go into overdrive mocking Gervinho’s pose during the Ivory Coast v ...
- Ex-Bayern star Sammy Kuffour had his head shaved on TV after betting on Ghana to beat I...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi