It’s déjà vu as Man United are linked with Bilbao’s Ander Herrera, must move fast to sign for €32m [AS]
- June 17, 2014
Sometimes the transfer window feels like a broken record.
For the umpteenth time in the past 12 months or so, Manchester United are today again linked with a possible move for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera.
On the final day of the 2013 summer transfer window, rumours were swirling that United were closing in on Herrera but failed to finally tie up the deal in a farcical finish.
Now the band has struck up again, as the midfielder reaches a critical point in his contract status in Bilbao.
The 24-year-old has a 36 million euro exit clause in his contract, which increases to €40 million on July 1st. Thus, if Man United want to buy the player for the lowest possible price, they have 13 days to wrap up the deal.
AS claim that Louis van Gaal wants to try and buy Herrera for €32 million, however the feeling from the outside is that the paper talk is nothing more than guff.
Saying that, Herrera had a terrific second half of the season with Bilbao, coming close to breaking into the Spain World Cup squad.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]