It’s déjà vu as Man United are linked with Bilbao’s Ander Herrera, must move fast to sign for €32m [AS]
Sometimes the transfer window feels like a broken record.
For the umpteenth time in the past 12 months or so, Manchester United are today again linked with a possible move for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera.
On the final day of the 2013 summer transfer window, rumours were swirling that United were closing in on Herrera but failed to finally tie up the deal in a farcical finish.
Now the band has struck up again, as the midfielder reaches a critical point in his contract status in Bilbao.
The 24-year-old has a 36 million euro exit clause in his contract, which increases to €40 million on July 1st. Thus, if Man United want to buy the player for the lowest possible price, they have 13 days to wrap up the deal.
AS claim that Louis van Gaal wants to try and buy Herrera for €32 million, however the feeling from the outside is that the paper talk is nothing more than guff.
Saying that, Herrera had a terrific second half of the season with Bilbao, coming close to breaking into the Spain World Cup squad.
- Raphael Varane’s last-ditch tackle on Aritz Aduriz is a thing of beauty (Video)
- Athletic Bilbao 1 – Real Madrid 2: Karim Benzema continues his purple patch (High...
- Bilbao attacker Iker Muniain hits amazing trick shot through basketball hoop (Video)
- Referee brutally took out Mallorca defender Lucas Alvedano during 3-1 defeat (Vine)
- Pele reveals the clubs that made offers to Santos for him, a Premier League giant among...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- After Jurgen Klopp, will Shinji Kagawa be next? Liverpool fans hope to sign Man United ...