It’s déjà vu as Man United are linked with Bilbao’s Ander Herrera, must move fast to sign for €32m [AS]
- June 17, 2014
Sometimes the transfer window feels like a broken record.
For the umpteenth time in the past 12 months or so, Manchester United are today again linked with a possible move for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera.
On the final day of the 2013 summer transfer window, rumours were swirling that United were closing in on Herrera but failed to finally tie up the deal in a farcical finish.
Now the band has struck up again, as the midfielder reaches a critical point in his contract status in Bilbao.
The 24-year-old has a 36 million euro exit clause in his contract, which increases to €40 million on July 1st. Thus, if Man United want to buy the player for the lowest possible price, they have 13 days to wrap up the deal.
AS claim that Louis van Gaal wants to try and buy Herrera for €32 million, however the feeling from the outside is that the paper talk is nothing more than guff.
Saying that, Herrera had a terrific second half of the season with Bilbao, coming close to breaking into the Spain World Cup squad.
- Barcelona star Leo Messi produced an incredible dribble against Athletic Bilbao (Video)
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi has poor penalty saved by Athletic Bilbao keeper (Official ...
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona: Watch a Live Stream
- Barcelona 1 – Athletic Bilbao 1: Lionel Messi’s goal not enough as Bilbao w...
- Barcelona man Gerard Pique sent off v Bilbao for insulting linesman’s mother (Video)
- Comedy cartoon tears Barcelona apart after their 4-0 defeat to Athletic Bilbao (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...