It’s all off! Ronaldinho has left Besiktas in the lurch, signs news contract with Atletico Mineiro
- January 9, 2014
In real-life equivalent, this is football’s version of leaving someone at the altar.
Just as it all seemed to be done and dusted on Ronaldinho’s move to Besiktas, the buck-toothed Malandro has left the Turks in the lurch, opting instead to renew his contract with Atletico Mineiro.
The curveball was announced by Atletico Mineiro President Alexandre Kalil on Twitter, succinttly tweeting
”The fans are annoying but the guy loves them. He’s re-signed!”
Though a bit of a cryptic tweet which doesn’t specifically name Ronaldinho, it’s been agreed by consensus that Kalil was clearly referring to Ronaldinho’s situation.
So what was it all about? Did Ronnie just use Besiktas as a patsy to wean a better contract out of Galo?
A torcida é chata, mas o cara é apaixonado por ela. Renovou!
— Alexandre Kalil (@alexandrekalil) January 9, 2014
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...