- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Italian reports claim Franco Baldini is in Italy as Spurs move for Guarin & Vucinic
A number of Italian websites, including Gazzetta dello Sport, claim today that Franco Baldini has arrived in Italy as he looks to tie up some deals during the final week of the January transfer window.
Tottenham’s Technical Director is reportedly keen to negotiate deals for Inter Milan midfielder Fredy Guarin and Mirko Vucinic, according to Italian transfer news website Calcio Mercato.
Italian football has watched on in amusement as Juventus and Inter Milan fell out as they tried to negotiate the swap deal of Guarin for Vucinic.
With this deal completely dead, Inter Milan are still keen to offload Guarin and Italian bookies have Spurs as the current favourites to sign the Colombian midfielder.
Tottenham’s initial offer will likely be 10 million euros for Guarin, which is considered low for such a talented box-to-box midfielder.
A whole host of clubs have been linked with Mirko Vucinic in the January transfer window and the Montenegro striker would likely be a good fit in the Premier League.
There is no mention in the Italian media of any departures from Spurs, it is entirely possible Baldini is looking to offload Etienne Capoue to a Serie A side, most likely Napoli.
- Updated: January 26, 2014