Italian reports claim Franco Baldini is in Italy as Spurs move for Guarin & Vucinic
A number of Italian websites, including Gazzetta dello Sport, claim today that Franco Baldini has arrived in Italy as he looks to tie up some deals during the final week of the January transfer window.
Tottenham’s Technical Director is reportedly keen to negotiate deals for Inter Milan midfielder Fredy Guarin and Mirko Vucinic, according to Italian transfer news website Calcio Mercato.
Italian football has watched on in amusement as Juventus and Inter Milan fell out as they tried to negotiate the swap deal of Guarin for Vucinic.
With this deal completely dead, Inter Milan are still keen to offload Guarin and Italian bookies have Spurs as the current favourites to sign the Colombian midfielder.
Tottenham’s initial offer will likely be 10 million euros for Guarin, which is considered low for such a talented box-to-box midfielder.
A whole host of clubs have been linked with Mirko Vucinic in the January transfer window and the Montenegro striker would likely be a good fit in the Premier League.
There is no mention in the Italian media of any departures from Spurs, it is entirely possible Baldini is looking to offload Etienne Capoue to a Serie A side, most likely Napoli.
Watch Live Stream
- Everton and Tottenham are looking at signing Juventus striker Mirko Vucinic [Tuttosport]May 12th, 2014
- Mad! Mark Clattenburg sends off subs Juve’s Vucinic & Benfica’s Markovic for tus...May 1st, 2014
- Mirko Vucinic takes himself off the market, rules out move to Arsenal [Sky Italia]January 30th, 2014
- Arsenal agree terms with Juventus to loan striker Mirko Vucinic [Tuttosport]January 29th, 2014
- Tottenham agree kit deal with Nike, far lower than Chelsea’s [Times]May 25th, 2016
- Barcelona have decided to release Spurs target Sandro Ramirez [Mail]May 24th, 2016
- LVG was trying to sign Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen before Man United sacked him [PA]May 24th, 2016
- Spurs have a verbal agreement to sign Sao Paulo striker Jonathan Calleri, claims dad [Yahoo Brasil]May 23rd, 2016