Italian reports claim Franco Baldini is in Italy as Spurs move for Guarin & Vucinic
A number of Italian websites, including Gazzetta dello Sport, claim today that Franco Baldini has arrived in Italy as he looks to tie up some deals during the final week of the January transfer window.
Tottenham’s Technical Director is reportedly keen to negotiate deals for Inter Milan midfielder Fredy Guarin and Mirko Vucinic, according to Italian transfer news website Calcio Mercato.
Italian football has watched on in amusement as Juventus and Inter Milan fell out as they tried to negotiate the swap deal of Guarin for Vucinic.
With this deal completely dead, Inter Milan are still keen to offload Guarin and Italian bookies have Spurs as the current favourites to sign the Colombian midfielder.
Tottenham’s initial offer will likely be 10 million euros for Guarin, which is considered low for such a talented box-to-box midfielder.
A whole host of clubs have been linked with Mirko Vucinic in the January transfer window and the Montenegro striker would likely be a good fit in the Premier League.
There is no mention in the Italian media of any departures from Spurs, it is entirely possible Baldini is looking to offload Etienne Capoue to a Serie A side, most likely Napoli.
Watch Live Stream
- Everton and Tottenham are looking at signing Juventus striker Mirko Vucinic [Tuttosport]May 12, 2014
- Mad! Mark Clattenburg sends off subs Juve’s Vucinic & Benfica’s Markovic for tussling pitchside [Video]May 1, 2014
- Mirko Vucinic takes himself off the market, rules out move to Arsenal [Sky Italia]January 30, 2014
- Arsenal agree terms with Juventus to loan striker Mirko Vucinic [Tuttosport]January 29, 2014
- ‘One of the best in the world’: Pep Guardiola has glowing praise for Spurs boss Pochettino (Video)September 30, 2016
- Spurs’ Son Heung-min could miss nearly two years due to South Korean military serviceSeptember 29, 2016
- Spurs star Sonaldo nutmegs Arsenal youngster Calum Chambers (video)September 29, 2016
- Spurs players celebrate CSKA win on InstagramSeptember 28, 2016