- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Italian report: Liverpool approach Lazio for Modibo Diakite
Italian TV station Sky Sport 24 reports this evening that Liverpool have made an approach for Lazio defender Modibo Diakite.
The French defender joined Lazio from Pescara and has played 25 times for the Serie A side in 2012/2013.
With the likes of Daniel Sturridge and Thomas Ince set to join Liverpool at the start of the January transfer window, there has been little suggestion that Brendan Rodgers would look to beef up his options at the back.
Diakite was linked with Inter Milan earlier this month after rejecting a new deal at Lazio but the Nerazzurri denied they were interested in the 25-year-old defender.
With his contract up in June, Liverpool are reportedly joined in the race for Diakite by Russian side Terek Grozny.
Diakite has been in negotiations with Lazio for a number of weeks but looks set to move on, either in January or next summer.
Video footage of Modibo Diakite against Juventus from a match against Juventus in November 2011 can be seen on the video below.
- Updated: December 29, 2012