- Hull to sign Malmo keeper Robin Olsen for free [Fotbollskanalen]
- Worst Xmas present! Borussia Dortmund fan gets a toaster which makes Bayern bread [Pictures]
- Corinthians intensify effort to sign Spurs’ Paulinho, player’s wife being pregnant a factor [Globo]
- Celtic to fend off offers from Arsenal & Liverpool for defender Virgil van Dijk [Scotsman]
- “He is a player of United!” LVG rules out loan move for Adnan Januzaj
Video & Pictures: The Italian national team visit Auschwitz ahead of Euro 2012
The Azzurri are the latest national side who have visited Auschwitz ahead of Euro 2012.
All the members of the Italian squad went to the Nazi concentration camp on Tuesday. The likes of Antonio Cassano, Mario Balotelli and Gigi Buffon were all filmed acutely listening to the stories of Holocaust survivors who came to speak to the footballers at the death camp.
Other Euro 2012 participants have also paid their respects to the victims of the Holocaust ahead of this summer’s tournament in Poland.
The Dutch national team also visited Auschwitz on Tuesday along with the Italians.
More pictures of the Italian national team’s visit Auschwitz can be seen below the fold.
- Updated: June 6, 2012