Video & Pictures: The Italian national team visit Auschwitz ahead of Euro 2012
- June 6, 2012
The Azzurri are the latest national side who have visited Auschwitz ahead of Euro 2012.
All the members of the Italian squad went to the Nazi concentration camp on Tuesday. The likes of Antonio Cassano, Mario Balotelli and Gigi Buffon were all filmed acutely listening to the stories of Holocaust survivors who came to speak to the footballers at the death camp.
Other Euro 2012 participants have also paid their respects to the victims of the Holocaust ahead of this summer’s tournament in Poland.
The Dutch national team also visited Auschwitz on Tuesday along with the Italians.
More pictures of the Italian national team’s visit Auschwitz can be seen below the fold.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...