Italian legend Gennaro Gattuso hands out a yellow card to Rapha Nuzzolo (Young Boys 3 – Sion 1)
- December 4, 2012
Italian legend Gennaro Gattuso is still playing in Switzerland’s top division and continues with his mad cap ways, as is illustrated by the video below.
On Sunday, Gattuso and his Sion team mates travelled to Young Boys where they were soundly beaten 3-1, despite taking an early lead.
With 8 minutes to go, and Sion 2-1 down, Xavier Margairaz was brought down during an acceleration across the middle of the park by Rapha Nuzzolo.
It was a clear foul and referee Nikolaj Hanni was going to show the yellow anyway but Gattuso cheekily gets involved and flashes the booking to the Young Boys midfielder.
Nuzzolo would have the last laugh though as he scored the late third goal to seal the Young Boys win. Video of Gattuso handing out a yellow card below.
Unlike the famous incident of Paul Gascoigne at Rangers (where he flashed a yellow at the referee and got booked) Gattuso got away scott free for using the official’s card.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”265134″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...