It wasn’t a joke: Bojan Krkic really has gone to Stoke [Instagram Picture]
Without doubt, one of the maddest transfer deals to have been completed in the Premier League this summer has been Stoke’s capture of Bojan Krkic from FC Barcelona.
Bojan, who is remarkably still just 23-years-young, was once heralded as the new wunderkid at the Camp Nou, but as the years ticked over and Barcelona’s spending increased, the young Spanish international found himself shunted out to the sidelines.
Last season Bojan played for Ajax on loan (five goals in 32 games), while Stoke City have come from nowhere to pen the attacking midfielder to a four year deal at the Britannia this week.
Aside from Barca and Ajax, Bojan has played for Roma and AC Milan in Serie A.
Lauding the shock transfer, Stoke’s managerMark Hughes, told the club’s website:
Anyone who knows European football will be aware of him as a player and the fact that he sees his future at Stoke City is really exciting and an endorsement of the club itself.
He’s desperate to prove himself in the Premier League and we’re pleased to be able to offer him that platform.
Bojan has now joined up with Stoke on their pre-season tour, and the player has been pictured with the Potters shirt.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona superstar Leo Messi finally answers the Stoke questionJanuary 19, 2016
- Bojan’s buy out clause, Chelsea & Man United have scouted him [Guillem Balague]January 5, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea linked with a shock move for Bojan [Sport]December 16, 2015
- Barcelona forward Lionel Messi and Stoke striker Bojan Krkic are distant relatives [Graphic]December 2, 2015
- Peter Crouch explains why he gave away his match ball after Stoke win (Video)August 24, 2016
- Joe Allen on the brutal way he learned about his move from Liverpool to Stoke [Telegraph]August 19, 2016
- Stoke v Man City: Premier League preview, line-ups and predictionsAugust 18, 2016
- Stoke fans will love Marko Arnautovic’s Instagram postJuly 27, 2016