It was sweat! Arjen Robben calls for a 10 game ban if he spat at Arsenal’s Bacary Sagna
- February 20, 2014
Arjen Robben has responded to accusations that he spat at Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna in the Champions League match at the Emirates.
A Vine video surfaced early in the first half of Arsenal v Bayern which suggested that Robben had gobbed at Sagna when he was on the floor. Robben has refuted those claims saying it was sweat not spit.
I don’t have much hair, and the sweat just dripped off. I must make this clear: I did not spit. I would never do that in my life.
If I ever did that, you could drag me off the pitch and ban me for 10 games. If I ever spat at an opponent, I’d never be able to show my face to my family ever again.
See the footage below.
- Arjen Robben pulls out of Bayern Munich’s China tour with a muscle problem [Tweets]
- Arjen Robben answers fan questions about his future, injuries and teammates [Video]
- BBC duped by a fake report linking Bayern’s Thomas Muller & Arjen Robben to ...
- Bayern Munich stars feature in hilarious new club advert ft. Robben & Muller [Video]
- Bayern Munich plan €100 million bid for Chelsea star Eden Hazard [SportNet]
- Leo Messi, Mesut Ozil and a host of other stars feature in new Adidas advert [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi