- The numbers behind Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere’s injury problems [Graphic]
- Spurs TV focus on Christian Eriksen in training ahead of game against Partizan Belgrade [Video]
- Dutch fifth tier golazo! Amateur footballer scores astonishing goal from his own half [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo v Lionel Messi | Battle Of The YouTube Comments [TalkSport]
- West Ham boss Sam Allardyce tells off reporter: Don’t ask me insulting questions [Video]
It was sweat! Arjen Robben calls for a 10 game ban if he spat at Arsenal’s Bacary Sagna
Arjen Robben has responded to accusations that he spat at Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna in the Champions League match at the Emirates.
A Vine video surfaced early in the first half of Arsenal v Bayern which suggested that Robben had gobbed at Sagna when he was on the floor. Robben has refuted those claims saying it was sweat not spit.
I don’t have much hair, and the sweat just dripped off. I must make this clear: I did not spit. I would never do that in my life.
If I ever did that, you could drag me off the pitch and ban me for 10 games. If I ever spat at an opponent, I’d never be able to show my face to my family ever again.
See the footage below.
- Updated: February 20, 2014