It was sweat! Arjen Robben calls for a 10 game ban if he spat at Arsenal’s Bacary Sagna
Arjen Robben has responded to accusations that he spat at Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna in the Champions League match at the Emirates.
A Vine video surfaced early in the first half of Arsenal v Bayern which suggested that Robben had gobbed at Sagna when he was on the floor. Robben has refuted those claims saying it was sweat not spit.
I don’t have much hair, and the sweat just dripped off. I must make this clear: I did not spit. I would never do that in my life.
If I ever did that, you could drag me off the pitch and ban me for 10 games. If I ever spat at an opponent, I’d never be able to show my face to my family ever again.
See the footage below.
Watch Live Stream
- Leicester ready to offer Riyad Mahrez £100k-a-week to reject Arsenal [Express]July 29, 2016
- Arsenal mock Spurs on Twitter after beating MLS All-Stars 2-1July 29, 2016
- Must read: Kim Kallstrom brilliantly recounts his time at ArsenalJuly 29, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba jokes about signing for Arsenal after friendly defeat (Video)July 29, 2016
- Inter Milan v Bayern Munich: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-07-30July 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery throws jab at Pep GuardiolaJuly 24, 2016
- Ribery & Alaba score as Bayern Munich beat Landshut 3-0 (Video)July 23, 2016
- Bayern Munich v AC Milan: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-07-28July 22, 2016