It was sweat! Arjen Robben calls for a 10 game ban if he spat at Arsenal’s Bacary Sagna
Arjen Robben has responded to accusations that he spat at Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna in the Champions League match at the Emirates.
A Vine video surfaced early in the first half of Arsenal v Bayern which suggested that Robben had gobbed at Sagna when he was on the floor. Robben has refuted those claims saying it was sweat not spit.
I don’t have much hair, and the sweat just dripped off. I must make this clear: I did not spit. I would never do that in my life.
If I ever did that, you could drag me off the pitch and ban me for 10 games. If I ever spat at an opponent, I’d never be able to show my face to my family ever again.
See the footage below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arjen Robben opens up about his injury struggles at Bayern Munich (Video)September 16, 2016
- Bayern fans display a banner attacking Arjen Robben for his son training with 1860 MunichAugust 29, 2016
- Bayern’s Arjen Robben is out for 6 weeks with adductor injuryJuly 17, 2016
- Terrible news for Bayern Munich’s Arjen RobbenJuly 16, 2016
- Arsene Wenger interested in taking England job next summer [Star]September 28, 2016
- Theo Walcott discusses his brilliant form after Arsenal 2 – Basel 0 (Video)September 28, 2016
- Arsene Wenger struggles to keep a straight face when asked about taking England job (Video)September 28, 2016
- Brotherly Love: Granit & Taulant Xhaka exchange shirts after Arsenal 2 – Basel 0 (GIF)September 28, 2016
- Looks like Liverpool keeper Loris Karius takes after Bayern Munich’s Manuel NeuerSeptember 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich want to sign Liverpool’s star asset [Express]September 25, 2016
- Will he get in trouble? Bayern’s Franck Ribery was incredibly cheeky v HamburgSeptember 24, 2016
- Bayern Munich close to some great Robert Lewandowski news [Bild]September 21, 2016