It looks like Luis Suarez’s diving skills have been picked up by Liverpool teenager Adam Morgan
- November 30, 2012
Liverpool’s youngsters beat Borussia Dortmund 3-0 to keep their NextGen qualification hopes alive this week, however the second goal scored by the young Scousers drew plenty of attention for the manner in which it was created.
Goals from captain Conor Coady (2) and Adam Morgan fired Liverpool to an easy victory over Germans, and the two players combined for Reds’ second goal of the game.
Liverpool won a penalty in the 25th minute when Adam Morgan, Liverpool U18s’ top scorer during the 2010-11 season, hit the deck in the box when trying to round Dortmund keeper Wilmes. Conor Coady stepped up the convert the spot-kick, however many were left wondering whether the penalty should have been awarded as Morgan looked like he duped the ref with a dive.
As could be seen by the slow-mo replays, there appeared to be no contact whatsoever between the Borussia goalie and the Liverpool forward which would have justified the striker hitting the turf. That, in turn, has lead to accusations that Adam Morgan took a dive.
Make up your own mind on whether Adam Morgan fooled the officials by watching the video below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”263843″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi