It looks like Luis Suarez’s diving skills have been picked up by Liverpool teenager Adam Morgan
- November 30, 2012
Liverpool’s youngsters beat Borussia Dortmund 3-0 to keep their NextGen qualification hopes alive this week, however the second goal scored by the young Scousers drew plenty of attention for the manner in which it was created.
Goals from captain Conor Coady (2) and Adam Morgan fired Liverpool to an easy victory over Germans, and the two players combined for Reds’ second goal of the game.
Liverpool won a penalty in the 25th minute when Adam Morgan, Liverpool U18s’ top scorer during the 2010-11 season, hit the deck in the box when trying to round Dortmund keeper Wilmes. Conor Coady stepped up the convert the spot-kick, however many were left wondering whether the penalty should have been awarded as Morgan looked like he duped the ref with a dive.
As could be seen by the slow-mo replays, there appeared to be no contact whatsoever between the Borussia goalie and the Liverpool forward which would have justified the striker hitting the turf. That, in turn, has lead to accusations that Adam Morgan took a dive.
Make up your own mind on whether Adam Morgan fooled the officials by watching the video below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”263843″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...