- Adebayor denies evicting his mother over Juju: ‘I’m not a pastor, I cannot point out a witch’ [Audio]
- ‘Why not?’ Nani open to Manchester United return after Sporting loan [Video]
- Newcastle boss Alan Pardew pre-QPR: ‘Our young players deserve credit’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Van Gaal: ‘I’m glad to see Danny Welbeck doing as well as I expected at Arsenal’ [Video]
- Luis Suarez: ‘Liverpool is part of Steven Gerrard, I know he would never want to leave’
It can’t be true! Joe Kinnear tried to sign Newcastle midfielder Shane Ferguson for Newcastle!
This story can’t be true, right?!
The Sunday People’s Alan Oliver has splashed with a ridiculous claim today, suggesting Newcastle Director of Football Joe Kinnear tried to sign Shane Ferguson, who belongs to… NEWCASTLE!!!
Just a few months on from that “Yohan Kebab interview” which re-introduced Joe Kinnear to Newcastle fans and the Toon as a laughing stock, another report sheds the former Spurs full back in a terrible light.
Apparently, Joe Kinnear took in a scouting trip to the Capital One Cup match between Birmingham and Swansea in late September.
Shane Ferguson impressed for Birmingham who stunned the League Cup holders with a 3-1 win and Kinnear subsequently made enquiries about signing the 22-year-old Northern Ireland international.
At first Birmingham officials thought it was a wind up as Ferguson is on loan at Birmingham from Newcastle until the end of the season but it appears Kinnear has no idea who plays for the club he is in charge of.
“A City source told Sunday People Sport: ‘Ferguson had a particularly good game that night and Joe Kinnear told one of our officials he was interested in signing him. At first our guy thought he was joking but then he realised Kinnear did not know Ferguson was already a Newcastle player.’”
Audio of TalkSport discussing the latest Joe Kinnear horror show is below.
- Updated: November 3, 2013