Istanbul! Liverpool starlet Samed Yesil posts Instagram picture confirming talks with Trabzonspor
- June 9, 2014
Reports have emerged in recent days that Liverpool starlet Samed Yesil is heading to Trabzonspor on loan.
Yesil was hailed as a coup when Liverpool captured the German striker in the summer of 2012 but successive knee injuries have curtailed his progress at Anfield.
So, a move to Trabzonspor, a team Yesil supports, makes sense for the 20-year-old striker and Liverpool as he looks to gain match fitness.
Yesil told Turkish newspaper Sabah: “If I was to play in Turkey it would be for Trabzonspor.”
With Turkish parents, Yesil is designated as a Turkish player so the move should be a formality for Trabzonspor at this stage, providing personal terms are agreed.
The Liverpool striker uploaded a picture to his Instagram on Monday – presumably not his image, with guns and bundles of cash – with just a one word message: “!stanbu”.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...