Istanbul! Liverpool starlet Samed Yesil posts Instagram picture confirming talks with Trabzonspor
Reports have emerged in recent days that Liverpool starlet Samed Yesil is heading to Trabzonspor on loan.
Yesil was hailed as a coup when Liverpool captured the German striker in the summer of 2012 but successive knee injuries have curtailed his progress at Anfield.
So, a move to Trabzonspor, a team Yesil supports, makes sense for the 20-year-old striker and Liverpool as he looks to gain match fitness.
Yesil told Turkish newspaper Sabah: “If I was to play in Turkey it would be for Trabzonspor.”
With Turkish parents, Yesil is designated as a Turkish player so the move should be a formality for Trabzonspor at this stage, providing personal terms are agreed.
The Liverpool striker uploaded a picture to his Instagram on Monday – presumably not his image, with guns and bundles of cash – with just a one word message: “!stanbu”.
Watch Live Stream
- Danny Ings scores a fine diving header for Liverpool U23s v Sunderland (Video)September 25, 2016
- Looks like Liverpool keeper Loris Karius takes after Bayern Munich’s Manuel NeuerSeptember 25, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will be a special pundit on Monday Night FootballSeptember 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich want to sign Liverpool’s star asset [Express]September 25, 2016
- Trabzonspor fan beat the s*** out of a refereeing official during 4-0 loss to Fenerbahce (Video)April 24, 2016
- Fans of Trabzonspor are still protesting about the Galatasaray game (Videos)February 22, 2016
- Trabzonspor v Besiktas: Online Live Streaming video [HD]January 20, 2016
- Trabzonspor attacker Marko Marin pulls off a nutmeg with a difference in Turkish Cup win (Video)December 15, 2015