Istanbul! Liverpool starlet Samed Yesil posts Instagram picture confirming talks with Trabzonspor
- June 9, 2014
Reports have emerged in recent days that Liverpool starlet Samed Yesil is heading to Trabzonspor on loan.
Yesil was hailed as a coup when Liverpool captured the German striker in the summer of 2012 but successive knee injuries have curtailed his progress at Anfield.
So, a move to Trabzonspor, a team Yesil supports, makes sense for the 20-year-old striker and Liverpool as he looks to gain match fitness.
Yesil told Turkish newspaper Sabah: “If I was to play in Turkey it would be for Trabzonspor.”
With Turkish parents, Yesil is designated as a Turkish player so the move should be a formality for Trabzonspor at this stage, providing personal terms are agreed.
The Liverpool striker uploaded a picture to his Instagram on Monday – presumably not his image, with guns and bundles of cash – with just a one word message: “!stanbu”.
- Brendan Rodgers wants Barça’s Pedro to replace Raheem Sterling at Liverpool [SPORT]
- NBA star Lebron James backs Jordan Henderson’s FIFA 16 cover campaign on Facebook
- Bobby Adekanye confirms he has signed for Liverpool from Barcelona on Instagram
- The best reactions to the bogus rumour that Liverpool may sell Mario Balotelli to Stoke...
- Steven Gerrard is told he’s nicer than David Beckham as he’s hounded by pap...
- Fighting Fit: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge lays into a punchbag in workout [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi