- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is the same type of striker as Alexis Sanchez’
- Alan Shearer pays tribute to Thierry Henry: ‘One hell of a player, and a really nice guy’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal the butt of a very Dutch joke at awards show – he doesn’t like it! [Video]
Done Deal? Isco has chosen Real Madrid over Man City, will cost €20-30m [Marca & AS]
Marca’s front page on Saturday is uncompromising: Isco, the jewel that is coming!
A day after the Spanish daily revealed that Real Madrid were meeting with Malaga to concluded transfer negotiations for the attacking midfielder, it now seems that talks went well between the clubs and Isco will be joining Los Blancos.
Marca’s article is full of definitive statements.
The first major signing that Ancelotti will make at Real Madrid will be Isco… The price to pay would not exceed 20 million euros.
Manchester City is the other suitor who is awaiting a response from Malaga and Isco.. but Isco has shown more interest from Real Madrid.
The Isco-to-Real story also makes the front page of AS, however they claim that the player will cost €30 million.
Should the rumours come to fruition it will be a big blow for Man City fans, who had hoped that the playmaker would move to Eastlands this summer.
After dazzling at the Euro U21 Championships in Israel, following an incredible season for Malaga were he starred in the Champions League, Isco is undoubtedly one of the major talents of his generation, and his deicison to move to the Santiago Bernabeu will highlight the problems Man CIty may still have in attractive A-grade footballers.
Marca’s front page also claims that Borussia Dortmund Ilkay Gundogan is also set to join Real Madrid this summer.
A copy of the article in Marca, as translated by Google, can be read below, along with a copy of AS’s front cover.
- Updated: June 22, 2013