Isco denies agreement with new Man City boss Manuel Pellegrini after Norway Golazo [AS]
- June 15, 2013
After another sensational performance and Golazo v Norway in the Under-21 European Championships on Saturday, Isco is the name on everyone’s lips.
The Malaga midfielder had a superb season in the Champions League and is performing wonders in Israel – fuelling talk of a move to either Manchester City or Real Madrid.
Zinedine Zidane is understood to be pushing for Isco at the Bernabeu, whilst there have been rumours that at the end of their time at Malaga, new Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini agreed to bring the Spanish Under-21 star to the Etihad this summer.
This was denied by Isco after the 3-0 semi-final win over Norway: “I have not spoken to him [Manuel Pellegrini]. I only found out about the move online yesterday. I’m happy for him, he is a great coach, I am sure he will do well.”
When further questioned on his future plans, Isco added: “You have to try and stay focused. I am only worried about Tuesday’s final.”
The speculation of where Isco may end up could be one of the transfer stories of the summer. El Mundo Deportivo add this evening that Barcelona have now joined the race for the Spain playmaker.
El Mundo Deportivo say Real Madrid and Manchester City remain the favourites for his signature though.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...