Isco confirms he has offers on the table from Real Madrid & Manchester City [AS]
- June 17, 2013
Spain Under-21 playmaker Isco has finally confirmed the rumours that have been swirling over recent days: the Malaga youngster has offers on the table from both Real Madrid and Manchester City.
In a wide ranging interview with AS, Isco describes how his focus is only on the Under-21 European Championships final against Italy on Tuesday night but does reveal that he will almost certainly move from Malaga this summer.
Isco told AS: “There are two offers on the table. I have to decide soon. It is clear Real Madrid and Manchester City are both great clubs. I want to make the best decision for me and Malaga.”
AS journalist Juan Jimenez then cheekily asks: “Do you prefer the Sheikhs at Malaga and Manchester City or businessmen at Real Madrid like Florentino Perez?!”
To which Isco answers: “To me that doesn’t matter, I just want to play football and have fun wherever.”
On his relationship with former Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini, who was appointed Manchester City manager on Friday, Isco adds: “I have not talked to him. I saw the news on the internet. He is a great coach and I hope he does well in England. Surely he will do well there.”
Finally, on working with Pellegrini again, Isco says: “I know how he works and he has been instrumental in my career. But nothing is definite.”
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]