Isco agrees to join Manchester City for €25m, rejects Real Madrid [El Confidencial]
- June 20, 2013
Ever since Isco announced he had two offers on the table from Manchester City and Real Madrid, a steady stream of reports have suggested the Spanish Under-21 star is heading to the Premier League from Malaga.
Today, Spanish newspaper and website El Confidencial, known to be reliable as it is marketed towards middle aged businessmen, claims Isco will join Manchester City for 25 million euros.
El Confidencial claim a deal for Isco will be secured by Manchester City in the coming hours with the star player at the Under-21 European Championships eager to work with Manuel Pellegrini again.
Manchester City have offered Isco a starring role at the Etihad whilst the playmaker was unsure where he would fit in at the Bernabeu with the likes of Mesut Ozil, Kaka and Luka Modric all available to new boss Carlo Ancelotti.
Isco and his representatives held a meeting with Real Madrid at the Bernabeu three weeks ago but were convinced by the project laid out by Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain with the City bid receiving a boost when Pellegrini arrived at the Etihad.
Today, AS asked Isco about his future (“Pellegrini or Zidane?”) but the 22-year-old refused to be drawn on his plans, simply answering “holidays, holidays.”
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...