- The numbers behind Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere’s injury problems [Graphic]
- Spurs TV focus on Christian Eriksen in training ahead of game against Partizan Belgrade [Video]
- Dutch fifth tier golazo! Amateur footballer scores astonishing goal from his own half [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo v Lionel Messi | Battle Of The YouTube Comments [TalkSport]
- West Ham boss Sam Allardyce tells off reporter: Don’t ask me insulting questions [Video]
Is this why Moyes wants him? Geoffrey Kondogbia individual highlights v Man United
The Manchester Evening News, usually a reliable source for Manchester United gossip, claim on Tuesday that David Moyes has turned his attentions to Sevilla midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia.
The 20-year-old Frenchman appears to be an achievable target for Manchester United after spending much of the summer attempting to sign Thiago Alcantara, Cesc Fabregas, Marouane Fellaini and Luka Modric.
With Manchester United so reliant on Michael Carrick in the centre of midfield and Tom Cleverley still yet to truly convince, it is quite incredible that with just days to go until the new season, that Moyes is still yet to strengthen in the middle of the park.
Marca claimed last week that United were interested in Kondogbia after he impressed for France Under-20s in their recent victorious World Cup campaign.
Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido said yesterday: “Kondogbia is not on the market. But whoever wants him has to pay his 20m euros clause. But please, any team that tries to sign him – don’t. We will consider it an attack. I’ve already reached an agreement with Doyen and Kondogbia will not go this summer.”
Any Manchester United move for Kondogbia is likely to have been influenced by a dominant performance in the middle of the park during Sevilla’s victory at Old Trafford last Friday night, in Rio Ferdinand’s testimonial.
Individual highlights below, Kondogbia looks like a good fit for the Manchester United midfield, right?
- Updated: August 13, 2013