- Best Memes & Tweets as Chelsea man Diego Costa stamps Liverpool out the Cup
- Jose Mourinho interview post Liverpool win [video]
- Jose Mourinho was too busy arguing to notice Branislav Ivanovic scored!
- Diego Costa could have been sent off for 2 stamps for Chelsea v Liverpool [Vid & pics]
- Fan footage of Branislav Ivanovic goal for Chelsea v Liverpool
Is Romanian 4th division keeper Daniel “Baronul” Badislav (Ciorogaria) the world’s fattest goalie?
In the latter part of the 1800s and early 1900s, William “Fatty” Foulke achieved legendary status in England when he played in goal for Sheffield United, Chelsea and made one appearance for the England national team.
Foulke, according to his Wikipedia page, weighed in at 150 kg/331 lb and secured three FA Cup winners medals and a League Championship trophy. Plus he played cricket for Derbyshire.
Now, word from Romania is that the country’s fourth division contains the world’s fattest goalkeeper - Daniel “Baronul” Badislav, who plays for Ciorogaria.
The news report below, brought to our attention by Emmanuel Rosu, starts with a fight during a fourth division match in Romania and then features the goalkeeper of Ciorogaria.
Daniel “Baronul” Badislav is reportedly 130 kg – no Fatty Foulke but surely the largest custodian in world football. His dream was to play for Rapid Bucharest and despite his large size, the opposition have managed to score past him in recent games. Video evidence below.
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="241950"]
- Updated: October 7, 2012