- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Is Romanian 4th division keeper Daniel “Baronul” Badislav (Ciorogaria) the world’s fattest goalie?
In the latter part of the 1800s and early 1900s, William “Fatty” Foulke achieved legendary status in England when he played in goal for Sheffield United, Chelsea and made one appearance for the England national team.
Foulke, according to his Wikipedia page, weighed in at 150 kg/331 lb and secured three FA Cup winners medals and a League Championship trophy. Plus he played cricket for Derbyshire.
Now, word from Romania is that the country’s fourth division contains the world’s fattest goalkeeper - Daniel “Baronul” Badislav, who plays for Ciorogaria.
The news report below, brought to our attention by Emmanuel Rosu, starts with a fight during a fourth division match in Romania and then features the goalkeeper of Ciorogaria.
Daniel “Baronul” Badislav is reportedly 130 kg – no Fatty Foulke but surely the largest custodian in world football. His dream was to play for Rapid Bucharest and despite his large size, the opposition have managed to score past him in recent games. Video evidence below.
- Updated: October 7, 2012