Is Neymar a dirty diver? [Revista de la Liga debate]
- October 9, 2013
A fascinating debate took place on Neymar on Revisita de la Liga this week and one that has followed the brilliant Brazilian almost as soon as he came through the ranks at Santos.
Scott Minto, Guillem Balague, Marcelino and Graham Hunter debated why Neymar is currently the most fouled player in La Liga by some distance.
Neymar’s nearest challenger is Diego Costa who has played a significant amount of minutes more than the Barcelona forward.
Compared to Lionel Messi, the statistics are pretty stark – as you can see on the image on the left.
There are a host of theories discussed, including Neymar’s lack of lower body strength and the fact he does always run at defenders.
Whilst Messi is better known to La Liga defenders who have experience of playing against the Argentine.
The question of whether Neymar is a (dirty) diver is one that will likely follow the Brazilian throughout his career, unless he decides to take on the Messi mantle of “never diving.”
- Neymar asks for his Dad to be left alone amid Barcelona transfer investigation (Video)
- Santos’ Gabigol (‘New Neymar’) plays guitar with the corner flag afte...
- Neymar shows off his fancy footwork with female dancers on stage in Brazil (Video)
- Barcelona star Leo Messi arrives back in Spain and will return for pre season training ...
- Messi & Neymar given longer holidays, left out of Barcleona squad for US Tour
- Neymar plays against Japanese kids, Barcelona star scores a showboat backwards juggling...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi