Is Neymar a dirty diver? [Revista de la Liga debate]
- October 9, 2013
A fascinating debate took place on Neymar on Revisita de la Liga this week and one that has followed the brilliant Brazilian almost as soon as he came through the ranks at Santos.
Scott Minto, Guillem Balague, Marcelino and Graham Hunter debated why Neymar is currently the most fouled player in La Liga by some distance.
Neymar’s nearest challenger is Diego Costa who has played a significant amount of minutes more than the Barcelona forward.
Compared to Lionel Messi, the statistics are pretty stark – as you can see on the image on the left.
There are a host of theories discussed, including Neymar’s lack of lower body strength and the fact he does always run at defenders.
Whilst Messi is better known to La Liga defenders who have experience of playing against the Argentine.
The question of whether Neymar is a (dirty) diver is one that will likely follow the Brazilian throughout his career, unless he decides to take on the Messi mantle of “never diving.”
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Identical: Neymar’s doppelgänger Barry Cotter (16) signs for Irish club Limerick
- Neymar cries as he says he doesn’t want to join Manchester United (Spoof Video)
- Neymar & Gerard Pique play in a high roller poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Barcelona boss Luis Enrique rules out selling Neymar to Manchester United (video)
- Carolina Dantas moves to Barcelona so Man United target Neymar can see his son every da...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...