Is Neymar a dirty diver? [Revista de la Liga debate]
- October 9, 2013
A fascinating debate took place on Neymar on Revisita de la Liga this week and one that has followed the brilliant Brazilian almost as soon as he came through the ranks at Santos.
Scott Minto, Guillem Balague, Marcelino and Graham Hunter debated why Neymar is currently the most fouled player in La Liga by some distance.
Neymar’s nearest challenger is Diego Costa who has played a significant amount of minutes more than the Barcelona forward.
Compared to Lionel Messi, the statistics are pretty stark – as you can see on the image on the left.
There are a host of theories discussed, including Neymar’s lack of lower body strength and the fact he does always run at defenders.
Whilst Messi is better known to La Liga defenders who have experience of playing against the Argentine.
The question of whether Neymar is a (dirty) diver is one that will likely follow the Brazilian throughout his career, unless he decides to take on the Messi mantle of “never diving.”
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...