Is it?! Toronto think their signing of Jermain Defoe is “a bloody big deal”
You can’t blame Toronto FC for trying but some of the marketing around Jermain Defoe’s move to the MLS has been a little OTT.
The video above is their advert announcing the arrival of the Tottenham striker, who will officially join Toronto on February 28, 2014.
Toronto built up the video above with the following message: “Love spit-takes? Then you’ll love this commercial. It’s A Bloody Big Deal! Jermain Defoe is now officially a part of Toronto FC.”
Surely most Londoners responded to the news with a shrug of their shoulders, rather than spitting out their tea?!
For an excellent evisceration of Defoe’s move to Toronto, see this Guardian piece by Daniel Taylor.
Watch Live Stream
- Jermain Defoe equals a Spurs & Man United legend in the EPL all-time scoring chartsSeptember 24, 2016
- A lot of people think Jermain Defoe should be in England Squad after Soccer Aid ‘heroics’ [Tweets]June 5, 2016
- Sunderland striker Jermaine Defoe on last minute penalty equaliser (Video)April 30, 2016
- Introducing the new drinking game: You Know, Jermain Defoe (Video)January 29, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016