Is it?! Toronto think their signing of Jermain Defoe is “a bloody big deal”
You can’t blame Toronto FC for trying but some of the marketing around Jermain Defoe’s move to the MLS has been a little OTT.
The video above is their advert announcing the arrival of the Tottenham striker, who will officially join Toronto on February 28, 2014.
Toronto built up the video above with the following message: “Love spit-takes? Then you’ll love this commercial. It’s A Bloody Big Deal! Jermain Defoe is now officially a part of Toronto FC.”
Surely most Londoners responded to the news with a shrug of their shoulders, rather than spitting out their tea?!
For an excellent evisceration of Defoe’s move to Toronto, see this Guardian piece by Daniel Taylor.
- Sunderland v Tottenham: Watch a Live Stream of the Premier League match
- Sunderland 6 – Exeter 3: Jermain Defoe hat-trick gives Black Cats some joy (Highlights)
- Ultimate Assistant: Jermain Defoe Needs ‘3 or 4’ PAs, not 1 (video)
- Sensational: Sunderland’s Jermain Defoe puts out an outrageous ad for a 24/7 personal assis...
- Spurs brilliantly organise the ‘Ben Davies’ cup ft Dele Alli and other stars (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Sol Campbell attracts haters for calling out a shop worker on Twitter [Tweets]
- Spurs starlet Dele Alli Tweets an amusing Kyle Walker Vine video