Is it?! Toronto think their signing of Jermain Defoe is “a bloody big deal”
You can’t blame Toronto FC for trying but some of the marketing around Jermain Defoe’s move to the MLS has been a little OTT.
The video above is their advert announcing the arrival of the Tottenham striker, who will officially join Toronto on February 28, 2014.
Toronto built up the video above with the following message: “Love spit-takes? Then you’ll love this commercial. It’s A Bloody Big Deal! Jermain Defoe is now officially a part of Toronto FC.”
Surely most Londoners responded to the news with a shrug of their shoulders, rather than spitting out their tea?!
For an excellent evisceration of Defoe’s move to Toronto, see this Guardian piece by Daniel Taylor.
Watch Live Stream
- A lot of people think Jermain Defoe should be in England Squad after Soccer Aid ‘heroics’ [Tweets]June 5, 2016
- Sunderland striker Jermaine Defoe on last minute penalty equaliser (Video)April 30, 2016
- Introducing the new drinking game: You Know, Jermain Defoe (Video)January 29, 2016
- Jermain Defoe has a special trick for turning on his tap in his house [Instagram Video]January 27, 2016
- Everton mocked online after new Spurs man Moussa Sissoko ignored their calls [Best Tweets]August 31, 2016
- Spurs match Everton’s £30m bid for Moussa Sissoko; Player agrees 5 year deal at WHL [RMC Sport]August 31, 2016
- Danny Murphy blasts Tottenham’s activity in the transfer market (BBC 5 live Video)August 31, 2016
- Everton agree £30m fee for Moussa Sissoko; Spurs still in bidding war [Reports]August 31, 2016