Is it?! Toronto think their signing of Jermain Defoe is “a bloody big deal”
- January 14, 2014
You can’t blame Toronto FC for trying but some of the marketing around Jermain Defoe’s move to the MLS has been a little OTT.
The video above is their advert announcing the arrival of the Tottenham striker, who will officially join Toronto on February 28, 2014.
Toronto built up the video above with the following message: “Love spit-takes? Then you’ll love this commercial. It’s A Bloody Big Deal! Jermain Defoe is now officially a part of Toronto FC.”
Surely most Londoners responded to the news with a shrug of their shoulders, rather than spitting out their tea?!
For an excellent evisceration of Defoe’s move to Toronto, see this Guardian piece by Daniel Taylor.
- Jermain Defoe confident Sunderland will beat Arsenal [Video]
- Jermain Defoe stopped his Range Rover to play street footy with Harry Kane when he was ...
- Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe gets hostile reception at Newcastle WWE event [Vine]
- Derby hero Jermain Defoe takes on the Sunderland tennis ball keepy up challenge [Video]
- Cartoon highlights of Sunderland’s win v Newcastle courtesy of Jermain Defoe̵...
- Jermain Defoe does exceptionally well in Sunderland’s tennis ball keppy up challe...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi