Is it?! Toronto think their signing of Jermain Defoe is “a bloody big deal”
- January 14, 2014
You can’t blame Toronto FC for trying but some of the marketing around Jermain Defoe’s move to the MLS has been a little OTT.
The video above is their advert announcing the arrival of the Tottenham striker, who will officially join Toronto on February 28, 2014.
Toronto built up the video above with the following message: “Love spit-takes? Then you’ll love this commercial. It’s A Bloody Big Deal! Jermain Defoe is now officially a part of Toronto FC.”
Surely most Londoners responded to the news with a shrug of their shoulders, rather than spitting out their tea?!
For an excellent evisceration of Defoe’s move to Toronto, see this Guardian piece by Daniel Taylor.
- Sunderland 6 – Exeter 3: Jermain Defoe hat-trick gives Black Cats some joy (Highl...
- Ultimate Assistant: Jermain Defoe Needs ‘3 or 4′ PAs, not 1 (video)
- Sensational: Sunderland’s Jermain Defoe puts out an outrageous ad for a 24/7 pers...
- Jermain Defoe confident Sunderland will beat Arsenal [Video]
- Jermain Defoe stopped his Range Rover to play street footy with Harry Kane when he was ...
- Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe gets hostile reception at Newcastle WWE event [Vine]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...