- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Is Gareth Bale becoming a target for referees after another booking at Sunderland?
‘‘The refs need to look at it closer. There’s nothing I can do about it.” – Gareth Bale speaking to Sky Sports post-match.
Gareth Bale was booked yet again for diving in Spurs’ 2-1 win away at Sunderland.
The booking puts him out of Spurs next game, and with the Welsh winger now accumulating more cards for diving than any other player in the English game (5 in 2012, 3 this season), the question needs to be asked :
Has he become a victim of his own agility?
He’s said it numerous times himself – it’s his raw speed that’s the reason for his loss of balance more; the slightest touch at his speed meaning his balance is more easily lost than most.
Bale’s booking at Sunderland was a case in point: as the Gifs below show (more below the fold), there’s clear contact on his right leg.
- Updated: December 29, 2012