Is Gareth Bale becoming a target for referees after another booking at Sunderland?
- December 29, 2012
‘‘The refs need to look at it closer. There’s nothing I can do about it.” – Gareth Bale speaking to Sky Sports post-match.
Gareth Bale was booked yet again for diving in Spurs’ 2-1 win away at Sunderland.
The booking puts him out of Spurs next game, and with the Welsh winger now accumulating more cards for diving than any other player in the English game (5 in 2012, 3 this season), the question needs to be asked :
Has he become a victim of his own agility?
He’s said it numerous times himself – it’s his raw speed that’s the reason for his loss of balance more; the slightest touch at his speed meaning his balance is more easily lost than most.
Bale’s booking at Sunderland was a case in point: as the Gifs below show (more below the fold), there’s clear contact on his right leg.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...