Is Gareth Bale becoming a target for referees after another booking at Sunderland?
- December 29, 2012
‘‘The refs need to look at it closer. There’s nothing I can do about it.” – Gareth Bale speaking to Sky Sports post-match.
Gareth Bale was booked yet again for diving in Spurs’ 2-1 win away at Sunderland.
The booking puts him out of Spurs next game, and with the Welsh winger now accumulating more cards for diving than any other player in the English game (5 in 2012, 3 this season), the question needs to be asked :
Has he become a victim of his own agility?
He’s said it numerous times himself – it’s his raw speed that’s the reason for his loss of balance more; the slightest touch at his speed meaning his balance is more easily lost than most.
Bale’s booking at Sunderland was a case in point: as the Gifs below show (more below the fold), there’s clear contact on his right leg.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...