- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
Is Dnipro v Tottenham off?! Ukrainian president calls Thursday a day of mourning, cancels all sports events
A statement on the official website of the President of Ukraine appears to have torpedoed Tottenham’s chances of playing Dnipro on Thursday in the Europa League.
Hours after Tottenham’s squad left on a plane on Wednesday to the Ukraine for the match, Thursday has now been declared a day of mourning in the Ukraine and all sporting events have been cancel.
At the time of writing it’s unknown what this means for the Spurs match. Moreover, Valencia’s Europa League clash with Dynamo Kiev has been moved to Cypriot capital Nicosi in light of the terrible violence of the streets of the Ukraine.
The announcement on the official website of the President read:
Due to the loss of life in the riots in Ukraine has has been decreed:
1. February 20, 2014 will be a day of mourning in Ukraine. 2. The day of mourning will apply to the whole territory of Ukraine.
The state flag of Ukraine shall be lowered in homes and buildings by public authorities, local governments, state enterprises, institutions and organizations;
All entertainment events, concert and sporting events are cancelled, amd appropriate changes will be made to the programs of television and radio programs.
President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych, February 19, 2014.
- Updated: February 19, 2014