Irish jockey Ruby Walsh claims Fergie told him at Cheltenham that Man United need to sell his players this summer
Irish jockey Ruby Walsh sat down in front of an audience last week for a lengthy interview which was recorded on camera, and during the event the horse rider revealed what happened when he met Manchester United legend Sir Alex Ferguson at Cheltenham a few weeks ago.
According to Walsh, Fergie met him in the changing room at the festival, and during their chat the former United boss discussed the troubles facing David Moyes at present.
Fergie claimed that Moyes has to axe many of the players who he had inherited, whilst Nani was the only footballer who was named in Walsh’s comments. The Irishman said:
I met Alex Ferguson in the changing room on the Friday at Cheltenham before racing and I asked him what was going on and he was telling me about buying this fella and he bought the wrong fella and I said to him that I told you five years ago you had to sell Nani and you wouldn’t.
A lot of the players are the players he inherited from you and he said ‘Yeah, a good few of them have to go but it all depends on what shopping he does in the summer’.
To be fair to David Moyes, who wanted the job from Alex Ferguson. You’re on a hiding to nothing. How are you going to make it better… you’re not.
Watch Ruby Walsh’s comments below.
Watch Live Stream
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho declares his innocence over tax evasion scandalDecember 5, 2016
- Manchester United fans want Fellaini out of the club after Everton cameo (Video)December 4, 2016
- Everton’s Idrissa Gueye’s funny reply when asked about Marouane Fellaini’s foul (Video)December 4, 2016
- Gary Neville blasts ‘idiotic’ Marouane Fellaini for giving away penalty at Everton (Video)December 4, 2016
- How Cristiano Ronaldo pranked Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United (video)November 22, 2016
- The Times suggest that Sir Alex Ferguson may go bankrupt due to film schemeNovember 19, 2016
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson to set up a university for managers [Times]November 13, 2016
- Gary Neville reveals secret to Sir Alex Ferguson’s success at Man United [MEN]November 12, 2016