Irish jockey Ruby Walsh claims Fergie told him at Cheltenham that Man United need to sell his players this summer
- March 28, 2014
Irish jockey Ruby Walsh sat down in front of an audience last week for a lengthy interview which was recorded on camera, and during the event the horse rider revealed what happened when he met Manchester United legend Sir Alex Ferguson at Cheltenham a few weeks ago.
According to Walsh, Fergie met him in the changing room at the festival, and during their chat the former United boss discussed the troubles facing David Moyes at present.
Fergie claimed that Moyes has to axe many of the players who he had inherited, whilst Nani was the only footballer who was named in Walsh’s comments. The Irishman said:
I met Alex Ferguson in the changing room on the Friday at Cheltenham before racing and I asked him what was going on and he was telling me about buying this fella and he bought the wrong fella and I said to him that I told you five years ago you had to sell Nani and you wouldn’t.
A lot of the players are the players he inherited from you and he said ‘Yeah, a good few of them have to go but it all depends on what shopping he does in the summer’.
To be fair to David Moyes, who wanted the job from Alex Ferguson. You’re on a hiding to nothing. How are you going to make it better… you’re not.
Watch Ruby Walsh’s comments below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...