Irish jockey Ruby Walsh claims Fergie told him at Cheltenham that Man United need to sell his players this summer
Irish jockey Ruby Walsh sat down in front of an audience last week for a lengthy interview which was recorded on camera, and during the event the horse rider revealed what happened when he met Manchester United legend Sir Alex Ferguson at Cheltenham a few weeks ago.
According to Walsh, Fergie met him in the changing room at the festival, and during their chat the former United boss discussed the troubles facing David Moyes at present.
Fergie claimed that Moyes has to axe many of the players who he had inherited, whilst Nani was the only footballer who was named in Walsh’s comments. The Irishman said:
I met Alex Ferguson in the changing room on the Friday at Cheltenham before racing and I asked him what was going on and he was telling me about buying this fella and he bought the wrong fella and I said to him that I told you five years ago you had to sell Nani and you wouldn’t.
A lot of the players are the players he inherited from you and he said ‘Yeah, a good few of them have to go but it all depends on what shopping he does in the summer’.
To be fair to David Moyes, who wanted the job from Alex Ferguson. You’re on a hiding to nothing. How are you going to make it better… you’re not.
Watch Ruby Walsh’s comments below.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United legend Rio Ferdinand reveals Paul Pogba, Adnan Januzaj & Jesse Lingard used to lo...May 27th, 2016
- Wayne Rooney lashes home 52nd England goal against Australia (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Marcus Rashford becomes youngest ever player to score on England debut (Videos)May 27th, 2016
- Twitter goes nuts as Man Utd’s Marcus Rashford scores 135 seconds into his England debutMay 27th, 2016
- Ex Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson jokes about signing Arsenal legend Ian Wright (Video)May 22nd, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson congratulates Louis van Gaal on Man United FA Cup win (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Twitter jokes about Sir Alex Ferguson chatting with Mark Clattenburg after controversy [Tweets]May 21st, 2016
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson on why Leo Messi isn’t on Cristiano Ronaldo’s levelMay 18th, 2016