Ireland assistant manager Roy Keane rules himself out of consideration for vacant Celtic job [Reports]
- June 2, 2014
Roy Keane has ruled himself out of the vacant managerial position at Celtic, according to reports.
Keane, the current Republic of Ireland assistant manager, has been heavily linked with the job since Neil Lennon opted for pastures new.
But, according to the Irish Independent, Keane has ruled himself out of consideration for the job and told Martin O’Neill and various members of the Irish set-up that he’s committed to their project.
The Independent writes: “It is believed the assistant manager has decided to remain within the Irish set-up after considering his options over the past few days.
It is understood Celtic were preparing a formal offer for the former Manchester United captain but in the end, the 42-year-old decided to see out his commitment with the national team. Keane made his decision known to Ireland manager Martin O’Neill and FAI Chief Executive John Delaney earlier today, it is believed.”
- Save of the season: Celtic keeper Craig Gordon makes unreal double save v St Johnstone ...
- Celtic legend Shunsuke Nakamura (37) scores trademark free kick beauty in Japan (Video)
- Watch Tyler Blackett meet his new Celtic fans after his loan move from Man United (Videos)
- Celtic legends John Hartson and Chris Sutton slam club after CL playoff exit (video)
- Malmo v Celtic: Watch a Live Stream of the Champions League play-off 2nd leg
- Malmö fans troll Celtic with funny twist on Pink Floyd’s ‘Another Brick In ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...