Ireland assistant manager Roy Keane rules himself out of consideration for vacant Celtic job [Reports]
- June 2, 2014
Roy Keane has ruled himself out of the vacant managerial position at Celtic, according to reports.
Keane, the current Republic of Ireland assistant manager, has been heavily linked with the job since Neil Lennon opted for pastures new.
But, according to the Irish Independent, Keane has ruled himself out of consideration for the job and told Martin O’Neill and various members of the Irish set-up that he’s committed to their project.
The Independent writes: “It is believed the assistant manager has decided to remain within the Irish set-up after considering his options over the past few days.
It is understood Celtic were preparing a formal offer for the former Manchester United captain but in the end, the 42-year-old decided to see out his commitment with the national team. Keane made his decision known to Ireland manager Martin O’Neill and FAI Chief Executive John Delaney earlier today, it is believed.”
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...