Interview with Daniel Agger on Barcelona switch: “Liverpool would not sell me” [Ekstrabladet]
Liverpool’s Danish centre-half Daniel Agger has given an interview with local newspaper Ekstrabladet in which the Reds defender revealed why he didn’t move to Barcelona last summer.
Agger also discussed his thoughts on his Liverpool future, as well as his aspirations for winning trophies at Anfield.
Agger told Ekstrabladet:
In January, I’ll have been at Liverpool for eight years. If you count how many central defenders who have gone through the system during the period, you need use more than one hand. That’s a lot, and I’m standing there so still. I think that’s a reason [I’m still at the club]. I know, that is!
For me [staying at Andield] it’s also about making the team as strong as possible, because I’m hungry to win something. I believe winning things is possible.
I’m interested in being part of a squad of 25 strong players, and those who the club bought in during the summer clearly help raise our level.
[The decision on Liverpool selling me to BArcelona] was up to the club. The club would not sell me, and it was so. We can always talk about agin later.
I do not know [if I’ll leave Liverpool]. Right now I have two and a half years left on my contract, and I intend to fulfill my contract. I’m glad at at Liverpool and playing well. We have a great team, and if I can win something it will be great. Liverpool is a huge club.
Watch Live Stream
- Arda Turan denied Luis Suarez an easy tap-in so the striker made sure to return the favour (Video)August 29, 2016
- Luis Suarez called ref Mateu Lahoz a ‘Clown’ during Barcelona’s 1-0 win at Athletic Bilbao (Video)August 29, 2016
- Barcelona accidentally leak early photo of Paco Alcacer on their websiteAugust 29, 2016
- Barcelona youth team show awesome sportsmanship after beating Japanese side (Video)August 29, 2016
- Liverpool fans love Jamie Carragher’s comment on Daniel Sturridge Instagram postAugust 30, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund reject Liverpool’s £11m bid for Christian Pulisic, loan move possible [ESPN]August 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho rejects loan move to Stoke City [Telegraph & Mirror]August 29, 2016