Interview with Daniel Agger on Barcelona switch: “Liverpool would not sell me” [Ekstrabladet]
- October 15, 2013
Liverpool’s Danish centre-half Daniel Agger has given an interview with local newspaper Ekstrabladet in which the Reds defender revealed why he didn’t move to Barcelona last summer.
Agger also discussed his thoughts on his Liverpool future, as well as his aspirations for winning trophies at Anfield.
Agger told Ekstrabladet:
In January, I’ll have been at Liverpool for eight years. If you count how many central defenders who have gone through the system during the period, you need use more than one hand. That’s a lot, and I’m standing there so still. I think that’s a reason [I’m still at the club]. I know, that is!
For me [staying at Andield] it’s also about making the team as strong as possible, because I’m hungry to win something. I believe winning things is possible.
I’m interested in being part of a squad of 25 strong players, and those who the club bought in during the summer clearly help raise our level.
[The decision on Liverpool selling me to BArcelona] was up to the club. The club would not sell me, and it was so. We can always talk about agin later.
I do not know [if I’ll leave Liverpool]. Right now I have two and a half years left on my contract, and I intend to fulfill my contract. I’m glad at at Liverpool and playing well. We have a great team, and if I can win something it will be great. Liverpool is a huge club.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...