Inter’s new Indonesian president Erick Thohir jokes about signing Messi, his team go on to lose to 2nd tier Swiss side
Inter Milan’s new president Erick Thohir enjoyed himself on Saturday as he turned up in person to watch his side lose 1-0 to Swiss team Chiasso in a friendly.
Smiling and joking about before the kick off, Inter’s Indonesian president gladly took questions from a swarm of reporters before match and he was asked whether the Nerazzurri could sign Lionel Messi.
How is the feeling with the fans? Oh! Excellent, unbelievable!
They say to buy Messi. Messi? I should discuss that with the management [Laughs].
After his brief chit-chat with the media, Thohir took the to field to be showered with a warm and enthusiastic vocal embrace from the Inter fans at the friendly. The president jumped along as they fans sung “whoever doesn’t jump is a Rossoneri” (“Chi non salta rossonero è”).
Sadly Inter’s day didn’t go to plan though as the side currently in 4th spot in Serie A were sunk by an 88th-minute winner for Chiasso.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool’s €40m bid for Joao Mario rejected by Sporting Lisbon [Diario de Noticias]July 26, 2016
- Napoli meet Inter Milan over €45 million Mauro Icardi bid, offer Wanda Nara movie role [Di Marzio]July 25, 2016
- Inter Milan v Bayern Munich: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-07-30July 25, 2016
- For Arsenal’s benefit? Wanda Nara writes English update about her business meetingsJuly 24, 2016
- Nutmeg: Leo Messi gave Luis Suarez the runaround in Barcelona training (Video)July 28, 2016
- Chelsea’s Pedro believes team mate Eden Hazard can still be the worlds best player [Yahoo]July 26, 2016
- Leo Messi gave advice to Argentinian youngster Franco Bartucci before La Masia trial [Quotes]July 25, 2016
- Blonde Messi signs an Argentina shirt en route to England (Video)July 25, 2016