Inter’s new Indonesian president Erick Thohir jokes about signing Messi, his team go on to lose to 2nd tier Swiss side
Inter Milan’s new president Erick Thohir enjoyed himself on Saturday as he turned up in person to watch his side lose 1-0 to Swiss team Chiasso in a friendly.
Smiling and joking about before the kick off, Inter’s Indonesian president gladly took questions from a swarm of reporters before match and he was asked whether the Nerazzurri could sign Lionel Messi.
How is the feeling with the fans? Oh! Excellent, unbelievable!
They say to buy Messi. Messi? I should discuss that with the management [Laughs].
After his brief chit-chat with the media, Thohir took the to field to be showered with a warm and enthusiastic vocal embrace from the Inter fans at the friendly. The president jumped along as they fans sung “whoever doesn’t jump is a Rossoneri” (“Chi non salta rossonero è”).
Sadly Inter’s day didn’t go to plan though as the side currently in 4th spot in Serie A were sunk by an 88th-minute winner for Chiasso.
Watch Live Stream
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko agrees terms with Inter Milan [France Football]August 21, 2016
- Note for Arsenal & Chelsea fans. Mauro Icardi finally signs a contract [Instagram]August 21, 2016
- Napoli make a €70 million bid for Inter’s Mauro Icardi [Gazzetta dello Sport]August 11, 2016
- Diego Maradona suggests that Lionel Messi’s Argentina retirement was a publicity stuntAugust 25, 2016
- Leo Messi wins UEFA’s goal of the season for his golazo v Roma (Official Video)August 25, 2016
- Neymar’s son Davi calls his two new puppies after his favourite Barcelona stars (Video)August 24, 2016
- New Argentina squad includes Leo Messi, Sergio Aguero plus Man United & Spurs menAugust 23, 2016