Inter’s new Indonesian president Erick Thohir jokes about signing Messi, his team go on to lose to 2nd tier Swiss side
- November 17, 2013
Inter Milan’s new president Erick Thohir enjoyed himself on Saturday as he turned up in person to watch his side lose 1-0 to Swiss team Chiasso in a friendly.
Smiling and joking about before the kick off, Inter’s Indonesian president gladly took questions from a swarm of reporters before match and he was asked whether the Nerazzurri could sign Lionel Messi.
How is the feeling with the fans? Oh! Excellent, unbelievable!
They say to buy Messi. Messi? I should discuss that with the management [Laughs].
After his brief chit-chat with the media, Thohir took the to field to be showered with a warm and enthusiastic vocal embrace from the Inter fans at the friendly. The president jumped along as they fans sung “whoever doesn’t jump is a Rossoneri” (“Chi non salta rossonero è”).
Sadly Inter’s day didn’t go to plan though as the side currently in 4th spot in Serie A were sunk by an 88th-minute winner for Chiasso.
- Galatasaray 1 – Inter Milan 0: Lukas Podolski teed up Wesley Sneijder for the win...
- Classy: Stevan Jovetic pens farewell message to Man City on Instagram
- Samir Handanovic stops Cristiano Ronaldo free kick with stunning fingertip save (GIF)
- Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez scores beautiful 30 yard free kick golazo v Inter (...
- Inter Milan confirm they are signing Stevan Jovetic from Man City [Tweet]
- Inter Milan v Real Madrid: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi