- Claude & Ty argue after Arsenal beat Reading to reach the FA Cup final [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Eden Hazard celebrated earning Chelsea an “important 3 points” v Man United [Official Video]
- Chelsea’s win marked the 25th consecutive year that Liverpool have mathematically failed to win the title
- The sad story of how Paulo Cesar sold his 1970 World Cup winners medal for cocaine [L’Equipe]
- Most of Man United’s Class of ’92 went out for dinner with Andy Cole on Saturday night [Picture]
Inter’s new Indonesian president Erick Thohir jokes about signing Messi, his team go on to lose to 2nd tier Swiss side
- November 17, 2013
Inter Milan’s new president Erick Thohir enjoyed himself on Saturday as he turned up in person to watch his side lose 1-0 to Swiss team Chiasso in a friendly.
Smiling and joking about before the kick off, Inter’s Indonesian president gladly took questions from a swarm of reporters before match and he was asked whether the Nerazzurri could sign Lionel Messi.
How is the feeling with the fans? Oh! Excellent, unbelievable!
They say to buy Messi. Messi? I should discuss that with the management [Laughs].
After his brief chit-chat with the media, Thohir took the to field to be showered with a warm and enthusiastic vocal embrace from the Inter fans at the friendly. The president jumped along as they fans sung “whoever doesn’t jump is a Rossoneri” (“Chi non salta rossonero è”).
Sadly Inter’s day didn’t go to plan though as the side currently in 4th spot in Serie A were sunk by an 88th-minute winner for Chiasso.