Inter’s amazing chance to dump Spurs out the Europa League: Cambiasso in the 92nd minute
- March 15, 2013
This was Inter Milan’s moment.
After their epic comeback from 3-0 down in the first leg at White Hart Lane, the Nerazzurri worked themselves into a position in the tie to win it within 90 minutes (plus injury time) of the second leg.
Argentine defensive midfielder Esteban Cambiasso may not be the most reliable of goal scorers but he has had some big moments in his time at Inter and dived to the turf after shooting wide.
From a Spurs perspective, this was just the umpteenth time that a ball was played in behind the defensive high line, enabling Inter to have a chance on goal.
Tottenham have seriously rode their luck in the Europa League in the knockout rounds. Relying on a Moussa Dembele equaliser at Lyon in the final seconds to to go through and now their horrific performance at Inter Milan.
And as you can see from the Tweets above, the Spurs players pulled no punches in their assessment of the performance on Twitter.
After Cambiasso’s chance are the front of today’s Italian papers Gazzetta dello Sport (“StraInter, you deserved it”) and Corriere dello Sport (“What a shame, a great Inter”). Pictures via Football Italia.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi