Internet awash with rumours that Romelu Lukaku is set for €25m Wolfsburg switch
- July 26, 2014
Rumours have taken over the internet that Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku is set for a €25 million switch to German side VFL Wolfsburg.
If Lukaku were to join the club then he would link up with Belgium teammate Kevin de Bruyne.
De Bruyne was also bought from Chelsea in a big money move before flourishing in his first few months at the club.
Le Foot writer Philip Harmeling appeared to be among the first to break the news, tweeting: “Good news for VfL Wolfsburg! Romelu Lukaku is really near to joins VfL for a 25mio€ transfer. More info to come.”
Perhaps Lukaku is capable for a bigger club, no disrespect to Wolfsburg, but this move would guarantee him first team football and bring an end to the uncertainty of a succession of loan spells.
Good news for VfL Wolfsburg! Romelu Lukaku is really near to joins VfL for a 25mio€ transfer. More info to come.
— Philip Harmeling (@PhilipHarmeling) July 26, 2014
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...