Internet awash with rumours that Romelu Lukaku is set for €25m Wolfsburg switch
- July 26, 2014
Rumours have taken over the internet that Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku is set for a €25 million switch to German side VFL Wolfsburg.
If Lukaku were to join the club then he would link up with Belgium teammate Kevin de Bruyne.
De Bruyne was also bought from Chelsea in a big money move before flourishing in his first few months at the club.
Le Foot writer Philip Harmeling appeared to be among the first to break the news, tweeting: “Good news for VfL Wolfsburg! Romelu Lukaku is really near to joins VfL for a 25mio€ transfer. More info to come.”
Perhaps Lukaku is capable for a bigger club, no disrespect to Wolfsburg, but this move would guarantee him first team football and bring an end to the uncertainty of a succession of loan spells.
Good news for VfL Wolfsburg! Romelu Lukaku is really near to joins VfL for a 25mio€ transfer. More info to come.
— Philip Harmeling (@PhilipHarmeling) July 26, 2014
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- The Guardian ponder how Chelsea can improve on last season’s title-winning exploi...
- Arsene Wenger defends Arsenal’s spending in light of comments from Chelsea’...
- Arsene Wenger: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard isn’t on the level of the top players ...
- Guardian provide 15/16 season preview for Chelsea – How can they improve? (Video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi