Inter sent director Piero Ausilio to Chelsea v Galatasaray to scout Fernando Torres & Obi Mikel [Daily Mail]
- March 19, 2014
Inter Milan’s director Piero Ausilio was in London on Tuesday night to get a close-up view of targets Fernando Torres and John Obi Mikel, if the Daily Mail is to be believed.
The pseudo-tabloid have an article by Matt Barlow on Wednesday alleging that Inter sent Ausilio to Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night “to pursue his interest in Chelsea’s Fernando Torres.”
The Mail also add that “Inter boss Walter Mazzarri is anxious to boost his attacking options and has also prioritised a defensive midfielder, with John Obi Mikel an option.”
Inter have already begun their rebuilding process for next season having signed Nemanja Vidic from Manchester United on a free transfer.
Whether Inter will sign Torres and/or Obi Mikel remains anyone’s guess, with the Mail only reporting that “[Torres] has two years left on his contract and will be aware that Jose Mourinho is searching for new strikers in the summer” while “Mikel has three more years left on his deal but has been displaced this season by Ramires and the return of Nemanja Matic from Benfica.”
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...